Chapter 15

The morning training was interrupted by three guys talking towards the back. This type of disrespect for the others is something that makes me furious. I start stalking towards the back, and the people part to let me through - knowing the look of anger on my face is not something to be messed with. I finally make it up to three rather large guys, the shortest standing about 6'4 and stop abruptly. They have a different smell than anyone else here at Blackrose. From their smell, it seems that we now have bear shifters as members of this pack. This should be very interesting.

"Is there a problem with my training session today - boys." I demand.

"We're not interested in what you have to teach." The tallest one states cockily.

"Really? So you can beat me in a fight?" I question him.

"We don't want to hurt you sweetness." the guy with the light brown quiff, lightly tanned skin and an accent I don't recognize.

"Oh I'm sweet - like a sour patch kid. And my sour has quite the punch."

"I can't see that happening babe."

"Really, and what's your name - mon nounours. " The last word elicits a chuckle from behind me and I turn to find Julian and Tyson trying to hide their grins behind their hands. Thanks to Julian for the small amount of French lessons he's been giving me - of course the first was in terms of endearment.

The guy next to him starts to growl but stops abruptly and grins.

"What's that look for Osborn?" the gorgeous blonde looks over at the guy with coffee colored skin and a genuine smile.

"Oh nothing, Bjorn - mon nounours." Osborn responds.

"So you understand French, Osborn?" I ask.

"A little."

"Me too. I need to start learning more hanging out with the Beta back there. He likes to hide what he's saying sometimes by speaking in French, but one day I'm going to surprise him."

"I'm sure you will." He answers as a beautiful girl, I recognize as Itxaro, comes to join him.

"I like you Osborn, but if ignorance is bliss, your friends must be the happiest people in the world."

Osborn starts laughing along with most of the other warriors and the other two guys have heavy scowls on their faces.

"That's not funny Oz."

"Sure it is Karu. Sure it is."

"Lits!" Karu hisses out.

Julian is continuing to chuckle behind me, and the new guys seem to take offense to this.

"What's your problem - half-pint?" Karu sneers.

"Half-pint?" Julian scowls, his face starting to turn a shade of red.

"Julian ignore these ...ummm...these wonderful, cheery members of the pack - who don't seem to understand the importance of ranked members." I grit out.

"Ranked member? How can he be that important?" Bjorn comments.

"I'll show you important, you..." Julian starts, but I turn to him with a sympathetic look and mouth "I've got this, please." to him - and he stops where he is.

"Boys, are you both always such idiots, or do you both just show off when I'm around?" I half-joke - but know I'm trying to goad them.

"I've played nice long enough! If you think you're so much better than us - fight us?" Karu demands.