Chapter 28

Unknown Rogue POV

"We spotted them, sir. They are at a local diner. She looked pretty drugged up but still healthy." Jack informs me.

"Well, it's good for him that he's keeping her healthy. Now let's go help Scarlett out. She rarely asks for favors and is always willing to help us - so it's our turn to help - especially since this girl is a Luna of a pack." I command him.

We try to slowly close in on this bastard, but he spots us too soon - although not quickly enough. He speeds off quickly, trying to pay attention to the road but also keep an eye on us. I keep watching his movements, but they are starting to get more erratic. On these roads, in this weather, he's going way too fast.

"Tell everyone to fall back slightly. Have Samson and his team set up 50 miles ahead, but I think this idiot will wreck before then." I tell Jack.

The car seems to hit a patch of ice, and he does the rookie mistake of slamming the breaks, causing him to skid sideways and lose traction, colliding into a tree beside the road, nearly hitting another car coming from the opposite direction.

"Damn, guys pull over, we gotta get her out."

The crash was intense. The black Camaro skidded across the icy patch and headed straight for the trees. It seemed like the driver tried to miss the trees, but when the whole side of the road is covered in trees - you can't miss them all. The car seemed to go in between trees, but that only means that damage will occur everywhere because the front isn't going to miss a tree either. We rush to the car and both occupants are out cold - thankfully. The driver seemed to get the least of the injuries, his head cradled in the air bag even if blood was all over it. The passenger however seemed to be crushed within - part of the metal collapsed into her side and glass was lying everywhere. The airbag deployed but from the look of the passenger side window, she must have hit it. Unfortunately a particularly large piece is jammed into her arm and blood was seeping everywhere.

"Let's get the female out first. She seems to have the most serious injuries. She is losing quite a bit of blood from the glass embedded in her arm." Jack yells out to the rest of the warriors.

Everyone joins in to pull part of the door off the car to try and get her out, but her leg is caught under the dash. We have to brainstorm a solution.

"Jack have the guys start to try and pull the metal away from the section behind the passenger door, then we will try and pull the seat back so that hopefully this will give us the room to try and extricate her from under the dash."

"Samson and his men will be here in five Alpha. That will give us more muscle." Jack informs me.

"Good we might need that muscle. This is going to be a difficult job to complete, but we have to get her out of there. We'll leave getting the bastard out for second." I comment. As hateful as it sounds, I'd rather the guy die in this car than have to fool with him. He's going to be a major problem - for all of us I'm afraid.

It doesn't take long for Samson and his men to get there, and we work with the structure of the car to peel back the crumpled metal. We finally get to where we can pull on the passenger seat. One set of men stand next to the girl and the next set get behind. With much effort we are finally able to move everything enough to get her out. She is a mess off blood and broken bones.

"We need to get her to the pack infirmary immediately. Does anyone here has medical training?" I ask everyone standing there.

A young guy named Travis steps forward. "Good. See what you can help with so we can transport her." I demand.

He gathers a few people and holds a bandage near the glass and as someone pulls it out, he quickly applies pressure.

"This needs immediate attention Alpha Forst. I'm going to have to ride right next to her to keep pressure. I'm not sure what arteries and/or veins have actually been clipped by this glass, but she is losing a lot of blood." And the grim expression on his face tells me everything I need to know.