Chapter 23

Eva POV

We drive up to the pack house, and we are greeted by Brazil.

"What are you doing, BJ?" I greeted. Brazil immediately came up and engulfed Sienna and I in a hug. All of a sudden growls were heard from the direction of Callum and Ben.

Brazil puts his hands up and steps back in surprise. He should know how territorial mates are especially newly mated since him and Phoebe have only been mates for a few weeks.

"Will you two chill? He's just being friendly." I muttered at the two knuckleheads, and they relaxed a little.

"It's okay, come on, I'll lead you up to the house."

After making it inside, Brazil turned towards us, looking a bit sheepish.

"You guys might have to wait a couple minutes, Alpha's on the phone with Kyle Andrews."

I quirk an eyebrow.

"Isn't he-?"

"The New alpha of Shadow Mist, and the little brother of Stephan...they've been talking for a while..."

I don't doubt it, there is a whole lot to talk about.

"She should be done soon, but I have to go to my patrol shift now. See you guys later!"

He waved and jogged out, leaving us alone in the foyer.

Julian POV

Today was the day that Eva was to arrive to adopt Devaney. My nerves were getting the better of me, because I have no idea how I am supposed to act around Eva. It is one thing for Eva to be here every day, we can pull pranks and act like best friends without any problems. But now that I haven't seen Eva for a few weeks, I found it hard to know how to act around her.

I watched a Jeep Rubicon pull into the parking area. There my angel steps out with your cousin, however, two taller guys one with brown spiky hair helps my angel out and a tall blond helps Sienna out. When both guys wrapped their arms around the you girls' waists protectively, I know Eva had found your second chance mate. I stand at my bedroom window looking out over their arrival, and Eva looks up at my window. I know Eva saw me there, and I saw a single tear fall down her face before she looks away at the rest of the people gathering.

"Julian, it's time." Tyson hollered

I guess it's time to face the music of my decision once more. Time to turn off the internal emotions and just be back to being her best friend - my partner in crime. It is time to pay you back for pranking me and not allowing me to give you one in return. I wait at the top of the stairs for them to enter so I could make my grand entrance.

Eva POV

"Girl! You owe me some pillows!!"

The sound of Julian's voice attracts my attention up to the top of the stairs, and I look up just in time to see him slide down the rail, jumping off at the end and landing in front us.

"Well if it isn't Beta Julian? How have you slept since I've been gone?" I grin deviously as he scowls, but that glint of mischief in his eyes tells me another story...he's has something up his sleeve already.

"You know, pranking and leaving is a bit unfair...so..."

I never saw it coming. Fucking Silly string!

"Dammit Julian! Get back here so I can strangle you!!" I yelled as I ran after him, and the rest just stood and watched the madness.

We continued to run around the house until I slipped in the silly string.