Chapter 10

~Eva POV~

Walking around the pack house I notice tons of activity outside. Seeing Scarlett poking around the the refrigerator, I decide to ask.

"Hey Scarlett, I've got a question."

The family sized bag of Wavy Lays under her arm is amusing but concerning -- is this her lunch?

"Fire away." She mumbles around the bag of cheese cubes she's holding in her teeth as she grabs a bottle of grape soda and close the fridge.

"What's with all setup and decorations outside? Is it somebody's birthday or something?" I ask. Scarlett sets her stuff down on the island counter before she answers.

"Did no one tell you?" She questions as she opens her soda, taking a sniff before she drinks any of it. This seems funny to me, but I don't dare laugh since I'm sure her hesitation is due to the pranks that Julian and I play - especially ones involving food and drink. My feeling is that Julian wouldn't dare mess with anything that is Scarlett's, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't get "hurt" in the crossfire.

"Tell me what?"

"I suppose they didn't, but I'll be happy to. You see, in Blackrose we have a tradition of having a party during the full moon. It started when we officially were declared an official pack, which ended up being the night of a full moon. Now it's just a celebration we do every time the moon is full." She explains, and I am definitely intrigued.

"What do you do at these parties?" I ask and chuckle.

"What don't we do would be a shorter list, honestly. There's games and a BBQ that starts before the sun goes down, some football and basketball...then once the sun goes down and the pups are put to bed, that's when the adults have all the fun..." She trails off, maybe seeing the glimmer in my eyes when she mentions the last part or about the possibility of playing football.

"Alcohol, dancing, karaoke...and a few of the mated couples go out and have their own private fun. But mostly it's just one night out of the month that we all relax and have a good time...whatever that means for each of the pack members."

Excited by the prospect of playing football, I have to ask, "So there might be a football game?"

"Actually yes, I asked Mariah to organize the girls. It is usually the boys vs. the girls. The girls have been successful, but not as much as I would like." She answers, taking a handful of cheese cubes and pop them into her mouth before going to open the bag of chips.

"Are non-pack members allowed to participate?" I question, and she grins.

"Of course, though you should know that you and Sienna are honorary pack members at this point."She states while looking down at the phone buzzing in her hand. "Well, I hope I'll see you at the party tomorrow, it's definitely going to be a fun one this year."

"Good! Great even!" I exclaim, but I see the puzzled look on Scarlett's face.

"I grew up with 6 brothers, a boy cousin, a father and an uncle who all love football. I guess maybe you could say that football is in my blood, but I rarely get the chance to play since the older boys say they are 'too rough'. Boys." I huff.

"Well, then this should make for an interesting football game." She grins with mischief in her eyes.

She waves back at me as she takes her snacks upstairs.

This is proving to be a very exciting adventure away from the likes of Isaiah Newport.

Game On.

So today is the day of the full moon party. The party had started full swing, the grounds are filled with people, and kids running back and forth to the games, food, and the small face painting stand.