Chapter 18

Leaving Blackrose Swamp Pack was an extremely hard thing for me to do, but I did it. Romain and Julian deserved this from me. Plus something was calling to me, I just didn't know what it was. To avoid the territories of the Sanguis Silence and Crimson Edge Packs, this route was luckily only going to add an hour to our trip instead of the five hours it added going to Blackrose. We were going to have to go from New Orleans to Jackson, Mississippi, head east to Birmingham then to Atlanta, up to Charlotte, North Carolina and north to the Tidewater territory. This was going to be a long trip, luckily I had Sienna to save my sanity and balance me out. So a few speed violations, a stay at a hotel in Atlanta, and a lot of wishful thinking, we were at Tidewater in just over 24 hours.

Thankfully getting onto the pack territory was made easier by my dad calling ahead to let them know of our visit. We made it to the house containing the Alpha's office. It was a Colonial Revival house with it's square symmetrical style, decorative crown above the front door, narrow side windows flanking the front door and paired chimneys. We were led up to the Alpha's office.

"Who is it?" I heard who I assume was Alpha Lawson ask the guy that ushered us inside.

"Evangeline Gray and Sienna Gray, sir"

"Send them in."

We were brought into an elegant office full of pictures of what I assumed were previous Warriors. I bet my mom and even Lucas were up here. I've always wondered what he looked like.

"Alpha Lawson." Bowing our heads in respect.

"No need for formality ladies." He greets, then he proceeds to come over to me. "You must be Evangeline Gray. You look just like your mother if she had black hair." He states coming and giving me a hug.

"Yes sir. You can call me Eva though, Evangeline just seems so formal."

"And you must be Sienna Gray." He reasons, going and hugging her too.

"Yes sir."

"So business first. What brings you here all the way from Florida for a visit in person?"

"Well there has been some troubling developments on the Gulf coast and it may or may not affect packs to the north. We just got done with visiting the Blackrose Swamp Pack in southern Louisiana because they have the biggest target on their back. They need as many allies as possible to help defend their territories."

"And what is so bad about this development that it warrants a trip up here and a hand delivered message at that?"

"The Alpha of the Crimson Edge Pack is going mad apparently, however, he has found an ally in the Saguis Silence Pack. They are planning on taking over as many packs as possible. Their main goal seems to be greed and power. This is a dangerous situation. The Blackrose Swamp Pack is the first pack they are planning to target for the land that Alpha Blackrose has managed to gather together and organize."

"That is unquestionably a serious situation then. Any time packs are taking over for greed and power have potential negative impacts on all packs. I wouldn't want that situation to happen, especially if they decided to align with anyone closer to here."

"This is why I brought this message myself. The Silver Tide Pack has allied itself with the Blackrose Swamp Pack, not just because of the immediate threat but also because my father believes the same way you do. We are trying to form alliances without alerting either the Crimson Edge or the Sanguis Silence Packs."

"That was an excellent idea."

"I believe Alpha Blackrose would be interested in an alliance with the packs here. This idea came up in discussions that we had, and she was very open to the idea. I am sure that is something you will have to discuss between Alphas, but I wanted to make sure I knew this information before I met with you."