Chapter 12

Julian

We are all having a relaxing day watching a movie until I suddenly get a disturbing mindlink from Henry, one of our trackers.

"Beta Le Tourneau - Gamma Cavalier - there is a lone wolf on our borders, although he doesn't smell like a rogue." Henry informs us.

Romain, Brazil, Tyson and I scramble out of the front room to the border, all of us a bit tense as we catch sight of our trespasser.

"Who are you?" I demand, narrowing my eyes at the power I feel coming off of him.

"Isaiah Newport, future Alpha of the Crimson Edge Pack." He informs us.

Red, heads up. Isaiah Newport is on our territory. I inform Scarlett.

Why is he here?She responds, sounding less than pleased.

"Why are you here?" I half growl, knowing good and well exactly why he's here. But he doesn't need to know that.

"I'm here to see Eva!" He exclaims tersely, and I have to bite my tongue to keep from escalating this further.

Red, he wants to see Eva. Since I know damn well she didn't invite him here, see what she wants to do.

Keep your emotions under control Jules, we don't need a reason to push up the attack.

I know. I grumble back.

"Did she invite you here? Because I know we sure didn't" I reply stiffly, trying to keep a lid on me and my wolfs temper.

"She is my mate, I have a right to see her." He barks out, and this causes Tyson, Brazil and the other warriors to move forward - Tyson flanking the other side of me while Brazil flanks Romain.

"You rejected her. She is no longer your mate - you have no rights here." I inform him as politely as I can, he is really testing my patience, and I'm generally not easy to anger.

"I want to talk with your Alpha!" He demands, sounding like a child throwing a tantrum. My jaw flexes as I grit my teeth, they could bite through steel at this point.

"I will see if Alpha Scarlett wants to talk with you, but since you are talking with the Beta and the Gamma - I doubt she will tell you any different." I answer.

Red, he wants to talk with you.

I have no interest in talking to him, or inviting him further into my territory, and Eva doesn't want anything to do with Isaiah. So tell him he's trespassing and to leave the territory, but make him think that Eva isn't here - I do not want to deal with him coming back again. She replies swiftly.

Understood.

"The Alpha has made it clear you're trespassing, and to leave immediately. Furthermore, it is up to Evangeline to notify people of her whereabouts, and since she didn't come to meet you herself, I have to assume that she either doesn't know you are here, or that you were coming here. If you have no other business with the Blackrose Swamp Pack, I suggest you leave the territory right now." I convey Scarlett's message using as much authority as my Beta voice would allow, but he doesn't seem too fazed by it.

"I want to see Eva!" He demands.

"Like I said, she obviously isn't right here, so you can't see her - if she's even on the territory at all."

"You'll regret not letting me see her." He growls, and I clench my hands into fists to keep them from shaking.

"I doubt that." Romain and I mutter in unison, it's one thing we both agree on at the moment...or at all. It seems that both Romain and I fell in love with Eva, and we are both willing to protect her. For that I am thankful...even if it makes me slightly jealous.