Chapter 29

Eva POV

A few days later it is determined that I can return back to Blackrose. The doctor's figured that it was the best place for me to recuperate since it is where the last memories that I have come from. I can't argue with the logic, and it would be great to see familiar faces during my recovery.

Once we arrive back at Blackrose, I am surrounded by all my friends here. But I am so exhausted, I am immediately taken to the clinic to gain my strength and get an assessment for the therapy I might need. Just a little more time is needed before I am cleared to stay in one of the guest rooms.

"Eva you have some visitors now. I can only send them in one at a time, so that you aren't too overloaded." The nurse informs me.

"Ok."

Of course the first one to poke his head through the door is the one who rejected me.

"What the hell are you doing her Isaiah? I thought my mom made it perfectly clear that I did not want to see you!"

"She did but due to recent events, I just stopped by to make sure you're ok."

"I'm ok. Just leave me alone." I whisper.

"Eva, I'm sor.." His sentence was cut off by machines going off. Apparently my heart monitors were going crazy.

"You - out!" was the last I heard before the world went black.

I woke up later, at some point, with a familiar white-haired comedian sitting next to me.

"Julian?" He doesn't answer. "Jujube!" I yell.

"You know I hate that nickname, Evangeline." He groggily mutters.

"Well I tried other ways to wake you."

"You didn't try the best." He winked with a smirk on his face.

"Perv." I mumble.

"You love this perv."

"No"

"Admit it - you love me." He says as he crept forward like we was going to tickle me.

"Julian Le Tourneau, don't you dare. They'll kick you out too."

"Just admit it."

"Fine I hate that I love you, best friend - satisfied?"

"As well as can be." He says flatly, but I noticed a hint of something else in his eyes - I couldn't quite decipher.

"So tell me everything that's been going on."

All of a sudden we are interrupted by a tall guy with spiky brown hair and beautiful coffee brown eyes.

"May I help you?" I ask politely.

"You don't remember me?" He responds with sadness.

"Sorry, I don't." with that he rushes out of the room in tears.

"What's going on Julian? I take it that guy is someone important in my life."

"Eva..." He hesitates.

"Spit it out JD!"

"That's your second chance mate." He informs me, but there is a hint of sadness in the corners of his eyes.

"No. I couldn't have found him. I was with you." I protest.

"You left to go visit Tidewater and New Dawn Packs. He is the future Alpha of the New Dawn Pack. I wouldn't lie about something this important Eva."

"But...Julian...no." I cry.

"Shh, it's ok." He tells me gently grabbing my hand.

"But...Julian." I say again looking him directly in the eyes.