Chapter 7

Once I got back to the pack house and showered, I run into Romain. Two younger girls come bouncing up to Romain. Both look similar to him, but the youngest looks the most like him with the same skin tone and eyes.

"Evangeline meet Antoinette and Rosalie. Antoinette and Rosalie, this is Evangeline."

"Can I just call you Eva?" The youngest inquired.

"Sure everyone usually calls me that anyway. Your brother just seems to prefer Evangeline more." I informed her lightheartedly.

"It's pretty but really long." The little one insisted, but continued, "Like Antoinette's name, so we just call her Toni."

"Rosie that's enough." The older one, Toni, chided her sister, and Rosalie just stuck her tongue out at her childishly.

"Do you like her Rom?" Rosalie asked Romain inquisitively.

"Yes." was all he replies, looking at me sideways while still trying to keep his attention on his baby sister.

"Are you sure, Rom?" Toni commented through narrowed eyes at me the whole time - seeming to be leery of me.

"Toni and Rosie, don't you have something to do?" Romain challenged, since the two appear to not want to move from the spot they were standing in.

"Sure." Toni said sarcastically grabbing Rosie's hand and leading her to the front room hesitantly.

"Charming but cute." I remarked with a slight bit of sarcasm.

"Toni is just really protective of me." He explained, but I can see how distrustful Toni was of me - of new people. She has every right with what she and her family had already gone through in her young life. She's taken on a motherly role - at least it appears that she has.

~~~~~~

Today I had given everyone the day off because they had been working so hard. I still got up early as usual to get breakfast, and I am greeted by Romain standing in the kitchen.

"Morning Romain. What brings you here this early? We don't have training today." I inquired.

"Go on a date with me Eva." Romain asked quite nervously, I might add.

"Is that such a good idea?"

"Have you seen any of New Orleans while you've been here?"

"No."

"Has anyone else that knows this area offered to take you to see it?"

"No."

"Would you like to see it?"

"Yes."

"Then it's a date then. Wear comfortable shoes though, because we are going to go to the French Quarter and we will end up walking all day." He insisted.

"Fine, I'll go." I pouted not wanting to admit to him that I wanted to go out on a date with him to begin with.

"Good be ready in an hour." He stated excitedly and rushed downstairs before I had a chance to ask any more questions.

Rushing upstairs, I threw on my blue jean overall shorts over a white crop top. Because of the heat and humidity, I just put on eyeliner and mascara and pulled my hair into a high ponytail. Slipping on my white Nike sneakers, I grabbed my favorite sunglasses and place them on top of my head. I leave my room and skip down the stairs to meet Romain

"You look great!" He beamed.

"Thanks." I mumbled. Why am I so nervous? This isn't my first date.