Chapter One: Efialtes (Dreams)

She was running through the castle, not caring if she runs into someone or break something. With her nightgown flowing behind her like a curtain in an open window, she thinks to herself: 'Why aren't any of the maidens panicking or searching like I was?!' She heard them screaming very loud, calling her name. She ran fast, her heart beat ringing in her ears and tears streaming down her face. She could feel the fear down in her gut growing, panic setting in, and giving her blurry vision.

She finally reaches the girl's bedroom, slightly hesitant to open the door, in fear of what might be on the other side. When she opens the door, heartache struck her, making her feel like she was having a heart attack. She starts to scream, but nothing ever comes out. Her knees giving out from under her, she falls to the ground, staring in absolute horror at the sight of her three precious daughter's lifeless bodies on the floor. Pained expressions permanently stuck on their faces, cheeks wet from crying. The woman started to move toward them, almost in slow motion, a terrible sadness falling over her - she couldn't breathe. When her gaze lifted from the girls, searching for an explanation, anger rose inside her like a dragon waking up for the first time in a hundred years. She saw a man - a regular man - standing over their bodies. Ethan Winters. With an insidious grin on his face, he seems to be happy with his work.

Suddenly the dragon launched forward with incredible speed, claws at the ready. 'You Bastard! What have you done to my daughters?!' she screams at him. His grin only grew wider. He dissappears before the dragon could grab him, hearing his disembodied laugh echo around her. She turns her gaze back to her daughters, her babies, before feeling the cold stab of a dagger in her left side, poison slowly running through her veins. She grabbed her daughters, holding them in her arms, for the last time, sobbing uncontrollably. She felt him standing behind her. She slowly turned her gaze towards him, still grinning, and asked him: 'Why did you kill my daughters?' before her vision went dark.

An extremely loud scream echoed through the castle, as the woman woke from her night terror. She was clutching her chest, out of breath and sweat softly coating her forehead. She could feel the warm tears running down her cheeks. She thought to herself: 'Why is this happening to me?' trying to calm herself down. She falls back down onto her back, relaxing as she listens to the breathing of her daughters, sound asleep in their rooms. For the remainder of the night, she wasn't sure how long, she just lied in her bed, sinking into the soft pillows. 'Finally'  she thought to herself, noticing the sun slowly rising, sighing in relief that the night is finally over.

She was also relieved to know that nobody heard her scream, for she has a reputation to uphold.

She was Alcina Dimitrescu after all...

************************************
Hello guys!!
I hope you enjoyed this first chapter to my fan fiction.

Definitely more chapters ahead. I'll be uploading regularly, until I finish.

The art used here isn't mine, so credits to the artist.

🖤🖤🖤