Chapter 38: Immigrating Home

"We will see you soon. Be safe, aunt Kyra. Bye Daphnae." Melania bent over to hug the older witch.
"Safe travels, mikros drakos." Kyra hummed, taking Daphnae's hand. In a cloud of smoke, the two witches disappeared, leaving the big family, waving goodbye. They had left earlier to prepare Castle Dracos for the arrival of the massive family.
"What do you mean, fly?" Cassandra asked, her sisters faces also confused. They were looking at her, frowning deeply.
"On your back?" Daniela asked, playing with Alex's hair.
"And mother's? What of our luggage?" Bela asked.
"No, in an airplane. I've organized my private pilot to come here. We just have to get to the airport." Melania explained.
"You mean those giant metal bird like thing?" Daniela asked again. Alex was laughing, as Melania has been explaining it to them for the past thirty minutes.
"Open your ears, and close your mouths." she said to her girls, glancing at Karl and Alcina, arguing yet again.
"Daniela, you and your sisters, the twins, Donna, Stefan and Karl will fly. If I remember correctly, the flight is about four hours from Bucharest to Mytilene. Unfortunately, your mother and I are too big for the jet. So we'll be flying. Love, do not worry. I'll explain to you later." she said, receiving a worried glance from Alcina, before turning back to her brother.
"Alright, when do we leave?" Donna asked, peeking past the hair that hung over her eye.
"I'm exactly a week. Nikolaus will meet us at the airport."
"But, what of you and mother?" Bela asked.
"Everyone will see you." Cassandra added.
"Yeah! Two giant fuckin bitches!" Karl yelled, looking as if he might tackle Alcina any moment.
"No, we'll be flying from midnight. Don't worry, nobody will spot us. Besides, it's the lot of you I'm worried about." Melania laughed, admiring her family.
"I'm worried about us, too." Luca laughed. Alex seemed to be much better. Melania inhaled deeply and walked over to the bickering siblings. Stefan was standing next to them, he had given up on trying to get them to stop.
"I am allowed to take whatever I want!" Karl yelled, throwing his hands in the air.
"You are. But you're planning on taking your entire factory!" Alcina snapped. Stefan looked at Melania for help, frowning.

"Not the entire factory are you insane?! I just want to bring my latest project, is all. Besides, you want to bring all of your maidens! You can't do that! Are you going to keep them in the luggage area on the jet?" Karl yelled, standing on the tops of his toes. Alcina unsheathed her claws.
"As a matter of fact, yes. Yes I am. Where are you going to-" Alcina was interrupted by Melania, jumping in between them, glaring at her.
"Don't you look at me-" interrupted again, this time by Melania's lips on hers. Melania cupped her face with her hands, pulling her closer. She felt Alcina's shoulders relax, and her claws retract.
"Hey! I'm talking to Bigfoot-" Karl was grabbed by the collar of his jacket by Melania, not breaking her kiss from Alcina. He kept squirming in her grasp, his feet dangling in the air. Melania pulled away from Alcina, who leaned forward, wanting more. She had completely forgotten about the argument.
"If I promise to put you down, will you stop yelling like a child?" Melania asked calmly, with a neutral expression. Karl didn't answer, just crossed his arms in front of his chest, frowning deeply.
"Good. Now. My darling wife. You cannot put the maidens in the luggage area. It's too small. I have enough maidens at Castle Dracos for you. Karl. We cannot bring your scrap metal, we don't have space on the jet. I'll provide you with everything you want. Both of you, pack what you need." Melania said, making Alcina pout.
"Fine. I'm gonna go pack." Karl grumbled and stomped off. Stefan was laughing.
"Such a child." Alcina commented.
"Says you? My love?" Melania raised her eyebrows, smiling. Alcina glared at her. Melania gave her a soft kiss on her lips.
"Mm. Let's go pack. You can call me mommy later" she whispered in Alcina's ear, making her smile, blushing deep red. Melania smiled to herself.
"Who's going to take care of the castle, love?" Melania asked.
"I'm not sure. We can cover everything with drapes. I guess we'll sell it. Or we can just hire people to take care of it." Alcina sighed. It's difficult for her to let go of this castle.
"Cassandra and I can cast a spell of protection, preventing anyone from entering."
"Very well. I will miss the castle. But at the same time, I won't miss it one bit." she sighed again.
"I know, love." she kissed Alcina again, running her hair through Alcina's loose curls.