Chapter 39: Ever After?

A/N: This is it everyone! The very last chapter. Thank you for the support of my story, I am really happy you lot enjoyed it. Please be on the lookout, I am writing another Lady Dimitrescu story (I know....) named Revenge.

Without further ado, enjoy the story 🖤🖤🖤
***********************************'**

Alcina laid on a blanket on the private beach behind the castle. The sun was slowly setting over the horizon, making red and orange bleed into the sky. The gentle waves created a calming atmosphere. She thought back to Castle Dimitrescu, the snow and the gloomy days, how she couldn't believe she would miss that horrible place. They managed to sell it, not without her crying a bit, after an 'accidental fire' destroyed the dungeons and cellar. A generous sum of Lei was paid to the Dimitrescus. Alcina sighed, happy and content, watching her daughters and their lovers swim and play in the warm ocean. Karl and Stefan sat on their own blanket, a bit further away, having a conversation she didn't hear, too busy looking at her surroundings, and the scenery. She loved the warm sun on her skin, not being used to it at all, being stuck in that dreadful castle. A few months had passed since they left Romania, almost a year. But her family fit in since day one, like they were meant to be here all along. Kyra and Daphnae was walking along the beach, hand in hand, a slight breeze blowing their hair softly. She felt Melania take her hand gently, lacing their fingers together. Alcina almost fell asleep, when Melania's grip on her hand grew stronger, making Alcina look up at her.
"Love you're hurting-" she started panicking, almost jumping towards her wife. Melania's face contorted in pain, as she closed her eyes. A soft coat of sweat covered her forehead, her grip growing stronger on Alcina's hand.
"Karl! KYRA!" she screamed, immediately getting their attention, making them sprint towards the matriarchs. The younglings already making their way out of the warm blue water. They all rushed behind Alcina, carrying a screaming Melania to their room, frowning deeply. She laid Melania gently down on the bed, breathing fast, trying to calm down.

"Cassandra, you and your sisters run and grab towles, as many as you can find. Karl, please go fetch a pitcher of warm water and a cloth. Kyra. Do not leave my side." Alcina asked, pleading almost to the older witch with hot tears in her eyes. She climbed on the bed, as she positioned herself behind Melania, placing her between her legs, resting Melania's back on her chest. Melania was breathing rapidly, her pained screaming echoing through the castle, every 3 minutes. She grabbed Alcina's hands, squeezing harshly, her knuckles turning white with pressure. Alcina bravely took the pain, silently screaming into Melania's shoulder. A human's hand would have shattered already.
"I'm not leaving, Alcina. I'm here for both of you." Kyra said softly, tears in her eyes. The girls soon returned, followed by Karl, bringing the items Alcina asked for.
"I'm gonna go..." Karl said, looking paler than a ghost, walking backwards slowly. Melania grabbed her stomach, the searing hot pain clouding her vision.
"Bela, you know what to do." Alcina said, grimacing as she switched her hands, so Melania can squeeze the other one.
"Yes, mother." she said, climbing onto the giant bed, on her knees in front of Melania.
"Alright, mother. Do not push yet. I'll tell you when." Bela ordered, smiling softly.
"I CAN'T!" Melania screamed, another heavy contraction hitting her.
"It's alright, my love. I'm here. You can break my hand, it's alright." Alcina laughed a nervous laugh, frowning slightly.
"WHOSE IDEA WAS THIS?!" Melania cried, the tears streaming down her pale face.
"Yours my love. I'm sorry" Alcina laughed, Kyra smiled, looking at Melania, a reassuring look in her eyes.
"You're doing fucking fantastic, mikros drakos." she cooed. A few agonizing minutes later, Bela excitedly sat up on her knees, shuffling closer to Melania.
"Ok, mom! When I say go, you push." Bela said, grabbing a towel. Her sisters were looking in both horror and fascination.
"Push!" Bela said, Daniela grabbed Cassandra's arm. Melania pushed hard, almost breaking Alcina's hand, screaming loudly. Her voice was already going hoarse.
"Again!" she said, holding the towel closer to Melania. Melania inhaled deeply, and pushed once more. Tears were running down her cheeks as she fell back into Alcina's chest, out of breath.
"Last push, mom. Last one." Bela encouraged. Melania cried loudly, pushing again. She fell back again, feeling like she wanted to sleep. She opened her tired eyes slowly, hearing a baby's very first scream. Bela held the little one, with her sisters looking over her shoulder. Kyra quickly snipped the umbilical cord, before looking at the tiny baby.
"It's a girl, mothers." Bela said, sniffing, walking around and giving the baby girl to Melania. She eagerly takes the baby and rests her on her chest, as Alcina's hand reached from behind her, caressing the baby's cheek. She hugged Melania close.
"Oh mon dieu. My love. She's beautiful. I love you so much." Alcina said softly, happy tears running down her face. Surprisingly, the baby girl opened her eyes already, showing them the most beautiful amaranthine colored eyes.
"I love you too. So so much." Melania panted, out of breath.
"Name her, Alcina. Name our daughter." Melania said. Alcina smiled proudly, unable to stop crying.
"Catherine. Catherine Dimitrescu." she said softly. Melania sobbed happily, loving the fact that Alcina chose her mother's name. Kyra stood back, crying softly, looking at the matriarchs, crying and laughing with their baby girl in their arms.

*************************************
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤