Chapter Eleven: Άγχος χωρισμού (Separation Anxiety)

Alcina and Melania joined Karl and the girls at the dining table, where they were discussing Greek mythology.
"It's Melania! She'll help us settle this debate." Cassandra said, standing with both her hands flat on the table.
"What's this, draga mea? Are you girls fighting again?" Alcina asked, rolling her eyes. She took her usual seat, next to Melania.
"Well, the others are arguing with me. I said, according to legend, Zeus had an affair with a maiden named Medusa. Hera, Zeus's wife found out about the affair. And Hera being a tyrant, cursed Medusa out of jealousy. She turned Medusa's hair into snakes. And if she gazed into another's eyes, they would turn to stone. Cursing her to be alone, forever." Cassandra said, frowning.
"And we're saying that Hera turned Medusa into an actual snake." Bella scoffed, almost ready to tackle Cassandra. Daniela was just sitting there, excitedly looking at how here sisters are arguing, enjoying herself immensely.
"I'm just here for the free food." Karl mumbled, his mouth full of food.
"Well, Cassandra, you're correct. It was her hair that got turned into snakes." Melania answered amused at their little argument.
"Ha! I told you!" Cassandra smiled. Daniela laughing hysterically.
"But, how could you be sure?" Bela asked. Crossing her arms in front of her.
"Well, when I was still living in Greece, there was a book I found, an ancient book. It held stories of all the different creatures and gods of ancient Greece. I read about Medusa, The Minotaur, cyclopses and many other types of creatures. It also held stories of the gods and their origins. Personally, I came across a creature called a harpy. Half bird and half person, they personified wind and storms. Ugly thing. I'll tell you my favorite story one day. If you like." Melania said. She was happy to be a part of this family.
"Wow, that's crazy. Ugly bird women?" Daniela spoke to herself.
"I'd love to hear your stories, love. Sounds incredible." Alcina said, taking a sip of her tea. Everyday, she surprises Alcina more and more. Making her fall even deeper in love.
"Speaking of incredible. Melania, I have a proposition for you." Karl said, leaning back in his chair, he took a sip of his wine.
"I need help, you see. Some of my lycans have gone rogue, and are now causing a lot of problems for us. I'll need some help, taking them out. Will you be able to assist me with such a task?"
"Hell yeah I would! I'd be happy to help you. When are we going?" she asks, excitedly.
"As soon as we can. We need to kill them before depriving Castle Dimitrescu of any blood from the village."
"That's actually good timing. I've been meaning to go to the village to buy something. Melania, love. Why don't you take the girls with you?" Alcina said, but Melania couldn't answer, the girls excitedly start laughing and talking.
"Oh yes please! That's MY food! Not theirs!" Bela growled.
"Finally, I've been craving bloodshed for a while now." Cassandra said, smiling. Daniela was so excited, the only thing coming out of her mouth was a squeal. She couldn't control it much longer.
"Sounds like a good idea. Let us finish our lunch and then we can get going. Girls. Finish your food." Karl said, pointing at their plates, with still a bit of food on them. The girls started arguing with him.
"You know, this will be the first time in a very long time we'll be apart from each other." Alcina said, speaking into Melania's ear.
"No, Karl, you know better than to tell them what to do. Now deal with it." Melania said, when Karl started complaining to them about the girls being disobedient. He just rolled his eyes.
"Sorry my love. Yes I realize this. Would it be weird if I said that I didn't like it. At all?" Melania looked at Alcina, frowning slightly.
"I love how you handled my brother, love. Very sexy" Alcina smiled, and gave her a kiss on her cheek.
"And no, it's not weird. I don't like it either, love. It actually makes me love you more." she continued.
"I miss you already." Melania complained. They were making their way to the foyer.
"Don't worry, before you know it, we'll be back together, able to... Do whatever we want." Alcina said in a sensual voice. They were about to kiss each other, when Daniela suddenly dragged Melania out the door.
"Let's go!" she yelled. Melania turned to blow her a kiss, before disappearing from Alcina's view. She sighed, standing alone in the main hall of the castle. She feels empty. She didn't like it at all. But before any other emotion made an appearance, Alcina goes to her chambers to change.