Chapter Three: Ένα νέο πρόσωπο (A New Face)

"Cassandra, Bela, Daniela!" Alcina called loudly to her daughters, scaring the maiden next to her awake, rubbing her eyes to wake up. The maiden looks over to Alcina, and fear starts taking over her as she sees the death stare her mistress is giving her. The maiden's heart starts beating frantically.
"Yes, mother?" they entered, eyes immediately filling with hunger, upon smelling the blood and the fear. Lady Dimitrescu grabs the maiden's neck and starts drinking her blood.
"Take this rat. I'm done with her. Do as you please." Alcina told her daughters, after taking a sip from the maiden's neck.
"Did you have fun, mother?" Daniela asked, excitement in her voice. Obviously everyone heard the screams last night. Bela smacked her on the back of the head.
"I sure did. But do not ask me such questions Daniela, it's none of your business." Alcina playfully tells her youngest. When she saw the girls starting to grab the girl, her heart swelled with love, they were so excited. They meant the world to her.
"Oh how I love you, Îngerii mei!" she gave them each a kiss on the cheek. They started to swarm around the thief, picking her up. Anger rose inside her when she heard the maiden plea for her life.
"Tăcere!" the command rang through the castle, even making her daughters look away in submission. No one dares to challenge her dominance. She stops her daughters, walking over to the maiden, with the most terrifying grin on her face. Daniela started giggling. Alcina bent down to be eye level with the thief, with the coldest look on her face.
"Nobody steals from me, and lives, rat." there was no emotion in her voice. She stands up, warmly smiles at her girls gesturing to them to go. She watches them swarm away, with love in her eyes. The maiden frantically crying.

"Elena!"
Her personal hand maiden came running, stopping at the door.
"Yes, my lady?" she carefully asked, having heard what had just happened.
"Prepare my bath, and fetch my wine from the cellar." the lady orders. She lays back down on her bed, looking up at the canopy. Sighing audibly. Suddenly, she felt a wave of sadness wash over her, realizing, she's alone. She has been alone for a long time, her ice cold heart longing for someone to love her. Of course her daughters love her very much, but she was longing for a different kind of love. 'But who could possibly love a diavoi like me? They only want me for my body. Every woman is scared of me.' Alcina thinks to herself, looking at her claws as they were unsheathed, and seeing the droplets of blood on her bed.

"Ahem, my lady?" Elena said, snapping Alcina back from her deep thoughts.
"Your bath is ready, your wine as well." she said softly.
"Thank you, Elena. You may go and find something else to do." Alcina mumbles, excited to get into the bath and relax. But instead of relaxation, the sadness came back, stronger than before. Drinking her wine, she starts sobbing uncontrollably. 'Will I be alone, until the end of time?' she sobbed to herself. She continued in this state until she heard Elena outside. Seeing herself in the mirror, red and puffy eyes, runny nose and messy hair, Alcina shook herself mentally, composing herself. Forcing herself to snap out of it.
"Elena, please give me 10 minutes. I'll call you when I'm done."
"Yes, my lady." she heard the maiden answer. Alcina continued her bath, calming herself down, then proceeding to get out of the bath and head into her private chambers. But, she doesn't see a towel. Anywhere.
"Goddammit, Elena."

Alcina walks to her chambers, completely nude and dripping wet. 'At least it's not too far' she thinks, not noticing some maids staring. She didn't care, why should she? They've seen her naked countless times before. However, no one was allowed to stare, so when she halts to a stop and turn to see if they were looking, all of them jumped and pretended to be busy with something else, avoiding the golden gaze.
'Good' she thought.

"Which outfit would you like today, my lady?" the older maiden asks Alcina.
"Well, we do have a Baroness arriving today so... Get my burgundy set." Alcina said. She was very particular about her clothing. Elena nods and scurries to the wardrobe, knowing exactly which set the lady wanted. First she takes out the lady's heels, simple and black. She then goes over to retrieve the lady's undergarments, black lace lingerie, with a black corset and garter straps and black stockings. While Alcina puts on her undergarments, Elena rushes over to get a Victorian-style, open shoulder blood/wine red dress. Even though her shoulders were open, the dress had long sleeves, and trailed behind her as she walked. 'Now why did I choose this dress?' she thought herself, while looking at herself in the full length mirror.
"If I may, my lady?" Elena softly spoke.
"Yes?"
"You look absolutely beautiful." the older woman said, as if it was mother and daughter.
"Why thank you, Elena. Now, please make sure all the staff is busy, getting the castle ready for the Baroness. I don't want to walk out of this room and find something out of place or not done properly. And if I see any staff member standing and not doing much. There will be consequences. This castle must be in tip top shape before our guest arrives." she said with a stern and strict voice, trying to ignore the compliment she just received.
"Of course, my lady." Elena bows, and speeds off.

"Daughters, come here, please, Dragii mei." Alcina calls. They came swarming into the room, smiling brightly.
"Did you have fun with the maiden, girls?"
"Oh yes, mother!" Daniela chirped.
"She was delicious" Bela mumbles.
"We had so much fun, mother! She was pleading, so we let her loose and we chased her all over the castle!" Cassandra proudly smiled at her mother, with a bloody smile.
"I am pleased to hear that, Îngerii mei. But, -" she lifts her one hand in an attempt to show the girls she's about to announce something of importance. They quickly simmer down.
"We have a special guest coming to stay with us for a few days. I need you to be on your best behavior. And that means washing your faces." she playfully pinches Bela's cheek.
"When is she coming, mother?"
"What is she coming to do here, mother?"
"Can we play with her, mother?"
All three of them started asking different questions all at once, excited to see a new face in a very, very long time.
Alcina sighs, and started explaining everything to them, her heart, swelling with love.
"The Baroness was interested in her wine, and was interested in a business partnership." Alcina explained, and she tried to answer all of their questions.

*************************************

A/N: hi there every one! Here's some of the Romanian words Alcina used in this chapter :
Ingerii mei - my angels.
tăcere - silence
diavol - devil
Dragii mei - my darlings

I really hope you guys are enjoying this fanfiction so far.! Chapter Four, will be ready same time tomorrow.

The art used does not belong to me. Credits to the artist.