Chapter Twenty: Μια Αμαρανθίνη Αγάπη (An Amaranthine Love)

That evening, Alcina asked her daughters to get rid of Nadia's body, she didn't want to make things worse for Elena. She liked this handmaiden. She and Melania was in their chambers, sitting in the chairs close to the balcony doors.
"I wonder what Mother Miranda is doing." Melania said suddenly. Alcina almost dropped her cigarette, looking at Melania.
"What? Why? Did something happen, love?" she busy getting up to go and check on the girls, when Melania took her hand, making her sit back down.
"They're fine, my love. I can hear them breathing. Nothing happened, I'm just thinking. It's strange she hasn't made a move yet." she said, taking a sip of her wine.
"I know, that thought is constantly in the back of my mind. It is strange. But, I don't want to talk about her tonight, S’il vous plaît, mon amour." she said and Melania could see she was nervous, struggling to keep eye contact with her. Melania was about to ask why she was acting so nervously, when there was a knock on the door. Melania doesn't think she's ever seen Alcina Dimitrescu so nervous.
"Entrez" Melania said, still looking at Alcina.
"My lady, it's ready?" Elena said, not looking at either of them. Melania frowned.
"You're going to have to be more specific about that, Elena." Melania said.
"Thank you, Elena. You may go." Alcina said before Elena could speak. Alcina thought she saw a flash of anger in the maiden's eyes.
"What now?" Melania asked as Elena left without saying another word.
"I have a surprise for you. But you'll have to be blindfolded. And I'll carry you so that you don't walk into something with your face." Alcina laughed, albeit nervously. She walked over to her nightstand and retrieved a blindfold.
"Why do you have a blindfold in your nightstand?" Melania asked, eyebrows raised.
"One might be in need of one. Who knows." she laughed again, walking to Melania and stood behind her. She gently placed the blindfold over her eyes and tied it behind her head. She kissed her hand and walked around to pick her up.
"This is kinky."
"Oh, my dear. You haven't seen kinky yet." Alcina purred and picked her up.
"How can you duck through the door and carry my big ass at the same time, love?"
"I have a strong back. You'll have to give me a massage later."
"Mmm. Kinky." Melania laughed.

Alcina made her way to her destination, Melania asking her every five minutes or so where they were going. Alcina loved carrying her, she wasn't sure why. When they got there, she puts Melania down and lead her through a set of doors. Melania could suddenly feel a breeze, a cold one. They were outside. They stopped and Alcina slowly took the blindfold off, as Melania's vision focused on Alcina's golden eyes, smiling warmly. Melania's heart skipped a beat, feeling like she'll never get used to them.
"I hope you like it." Alcina said, and walked around to stand behind her. Melania gasped. They were on the roof of the castle, the stars glistening above them and a full moon hanging against the black sky. She saw a day bed, similar to the one in the courtyard, with a lot of pillows and blankets. Candles dancing in the soft breeze, two wine glasses and two bottles of wine on the table next to the bed. There was little fairy lights hanging from the canopy of the bed. When she turned around to kiss Alcina, she held her breath, clenching her fists. Alcina was on one knee, with a small velvet box in her hand. And inside the little box, an engagement ring.

"I want to marry you because you are the first person I want to look at when I wake up in the morning and the only person I want to kiss goodnight. Because the first time I saw your hands, I couldn't imagine not being able to hold them. But mainly when you love someone as much as I love you, getting married is the only thing left to do.

Will you marry me?"

Alcina gulped, never has she ever been so nervous in her life. Melania stood there for a second, frowning. This made Alcina panic. Then she saw a single tear running down her cheek. She walked over to Alcina, kneeled in front of her and took out her own little velvet box. Her eyes were glistening with tears.

"Alcina Dimitrescu. Of course I'll marry you. Only if you will marry me?" she smiled, and sniffed softly, unable to contain her tears. Alcina's heart nearly exploded, she too, crying.
"Yes, my love. I want to call you my wife." Alcina cried, smiling the most beautiful of smiles. They embrace each other, and kissed, first softly and then deeply. Alcina pulled away and took Melania's hand, putting a black obsidian ring with iolite gemstones and diamonds on her ring finger, the same color as her eye. Melania then took Alcina's hand, putting a black onyx ring with red rubies on her ring finger. They looked at each other, almost as if to make sure they're not dreaming, and smiled brightly.
"Je t'aime."
"Je t'aime aussi, my love." They embrace again, hungrily and eagerly kissing, with tears of joy. No attention was given to the moon and the stars by either of the lovers, their eyes hardly even glancing away from each other. They made love many times under the stars, the moonlight illuminating their bodies, passionately wrapped around each other. Just before the sun rose from beyond the mountains, they fell asleep.

*************************************
Entrez - Come in.
Je t'aime. - I love you
Je t'aime aussi. - I love you too.

A/N: here is pictures of what I imagined their rings would look like. These pictures do not belong to me.
Hope you guys enjoyed the short chapter.

Melania's Ring :

Alcina's Ring: