Chapter Twenty-one: Αυτό είναι πόλεμος. (This Is War)

Karl found himself going to Castle Dimitrescu once again. He might as well move there. He had received a call from Alcina, asking him to come over, and that it's important. She had reassured him that everything was fine. Nevertheless he immediately went to his factory and got ready to leave.
"Jack? Are you coming?" he called. He yanked off a large white sheet, revealing his large mechanical horse. The gears and bolts glistening in the sunlight.
"Yeah, I'm here. Let's go." Jack said, checking his dark blonde hair quickly. They got on the horse, making their way out of the factory. Jack was sitting in front of Karl. He was nervous going to Alcina's, not just because something might be wrong, but he also had his own news to share. He took Jack's and, and headed to the castle.

It takes them an hour by horse, but they finally arrived. They jumped off, and Karl kept nervously checking his suit.
"Stop fiddling, Karl. You're making me nervous now. I won't leave your side." Jack said, as they made their way up to the main entrance doors. The doors swung open before he could knock.
"Uncle Karl!!" the girls scream all at once, jumping on him with excitement.
"We missed you!"
"Where have you been?"
"Who's this? Food?!"
"Alright, ladies. Calm down. Daniela no, he's not food. This is Jack." he took Jack's hand.
"My boyfriend." he finished nervously. The opinion of all the women in this castle meant a lot to him. The girls looked down at their hands, then glanced at each other. All three of them started squealing, jumping up and down with excitement. Karl thought his ear drums might burst.
"Really??"
"Oh, we're so happy for you!"
"Have you told mother yet?"
"Thank you, my girls. No I haven't. Melania doesn't know either, so please. Do me a favor, shut those adorable mouths of yours for me, please?" he smiled at them.
"Sure, Karl. I'll make sure that these two keep their mouths closed." Bela said, her sisters were too busy giggling and inspecting Jack to listen properly.
"Girls! Not. Food. Am I understood?" Karl said, noticing them curiously inspecting Jack.
"We promise, uncle Karl!"
"Of course, uncle Karl."
"It's nice to meet you, Jack"
They were talking fast and all at once, Karl unable to identify who said what.
"Thank you, girls. Now. Your mother called?"
"Yes, we're not sure why though. She said to take you to the lounge." Bela said as Daniela grabbed Jack's left arm.
"We should go inside." she said as Cassandra grabbed his right arm. They dragged Jack through the doors, as Jack shot Karl a worried glance. Bela followed.
"You'll be fine, babe." he called after them.

Alcina and Melania laid in the bathtub, relaxing in the steaming water. Alcina was sitting between Melania's legs, her back resting against her chest. A comfortable silence silence filled the room, as they're just enjoying each other's touch.
"I want your baby." Melania suddenly said. She felt Alcina silently chuckle at her random statement. She turned around and faced Melania, wrapping her legs around her waist. She was smiling her heart-stopping smile.
"It might take me a few tries, love. But I'll do my best." she laughed, planting a kiss on Melania's lips.
"Funny lady. I am serious though." Melania smiled, wrapping her arms around her hips. She inhaled deeply, intoxicated by the scent of the Lady.
"Mmm. You smell nice" she mumbled, eyes closed.
"Thank you love. I know you want a baby, love. I can sense that coming from you. You crave motherhood. And I adore that, but-" she frowned, hugging her closer, "how are we going to do it? And I want a baby too. I miss the days when the girls were younger Unfortunately, the only person I know that can help us is Donna Beneviento." she sighed.
"Oh, love. We'll make a plan. We'll figure it out. We'll make do. As long as you are by my side."
"I'm right here and I'll never leave your side. I'd love to have a baby with you." Alcina said, kissing her softly on her lips.

After getting dressed, they make their way downstairs, excited and nervous to share their news. As they were walking down the hall hand in hand, they come across Elena, standing in the middle of the hall, hands behind her back.
"Elena? What are you doing?" Alcina asked, stepping forward.
"How could you?" she asked as tears started falling from her cheeks.
"Please, elaborate, Elena." Alcina said.
"How could you kill her?"
"My dear, when you live past a hundred years, your patience for traitors, liars, killers and thieves becomes nonexistent. Your little friend stole my fiancé's ring. Something very special to us." Alcina simply said.
"Killers? But you're killers?" she said angrily.
"When you're a hundred and fifty year old witch, your patience with idiotic humans are nonexistent." Melania said, becoming angry.
"Well, as a human your sympathy for immortals run out completely!" she screamed. And with that she runs forward, with a large knife in hand. Before she could think, Melania yanked Alcina back behind her, stepping in front of her. The knife struck her in the ribs, as she felt the blade sliding into her lungs and heart. She stopped and looked at Elena with death in her eyes. Alcina frowned in annoyance.
"Did you just try to kill your vampire mistress? With a knife?" Melania laughed an evil laugh, pulling the knife from her chest, making blood spill. Elena's eyes widened.
"Oh no, love. Your jacket." Alcina took the tip of the jacket, examining the tear and bloodstains, frowning as if looking at a coffee stain.
"That was my favorite jacket, fucking vermin!" Melania growled, slowly walking towards Elena as she's slowly backing up. She grabbed Elena by her neck and squeezed hard.
"Don't kill her, love. Give her to the girls." Alcina suggested with a smile. Melania returned a warm smile to her, before turning back to look at Elena.
"Mikro Ropalos! Ligo Koraki! Mikros Skorpios! Come here my girls!" she called, as Elena started sobbing, trying desperately yet uselessly trying to escape Melania's grasp.
"Goddammit. I really liked this one." Alcina complained. They started hearing flies all around them as the girls approached.
"I know, love. I'll find you another one." she said and gives Alcina a kiss. The girls came flying down the hall, and stopped in front of the two matriarchs.
"Lock her up, for now. Please my darlings." Alcina said.
"Thank you, girls." Melania said, smiling at the girls. Their hearts warming with love when they see the girls excitedly and maniacally laughing. Elena screamed loudly, trying and grabbing on to anything she could grab.
"Goddammit. What's happened to loyalty?" Alcina grumbled again, crossing her arms.
"I'm not sure, love. Was it always gone? Maybe it was fear instead of loyalty? I don't trust humans. I haven't for a very long time." Melania said. They continued making their way downstairs to the lounge to meet Karl. Hand in hand, they suddenly stopped, hearing an unknown heartbeat in the castle. They've been on high alert constantly expecting an attack. Noticing more and more hunters coming to the castle. They glance at each other, and frown.
"Who's that?" Alcina asked as they hurried towards the heartbeat. As they entered the lounge, Alcina lunged forward, claws extended, about to impale the stranger. Karl jumped in front of her, making her stop immediately.
"Karl?" Alcina blinked, frowning at her brother.
"Karl?" Melania asked, watching the two men standing closer to each other. Karl took the stranger's hand, protecting him. Karl looked nervous, tugging at his steampunk-style suit. The other man, on the other hand was completely calm, smiling politely at the two women. Alcina frowned.
"Alcina! How are you, sister. Melania, it's good to see you two." Karl said a little too fast.
"I'm well, dear brother. But do tell. Who's this man I almost killed?" she asked as her claws retracted. Melania was standing behind Alcina, laughing.
"Well, uh, let me introduce you to Jack. M-my boyfriend." he almost whispered the last word. Melania was laughing silently at Alcina's slow reaction, giving Karl a thumbs up.
"Karl Alaric Heisenberg. I didn't know you preferred the company of men?" Alcina said, a smile forming on her face as she walked closer to them. She bent down, hugging her brother, who seemed to relax a bit. Jack was smiling next him.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, my ladies." Jack bowed.
"Likewise. Karl, you may relax. I'm happy you told me. I'm not sure why you were nervous in the first place. And I won't kill him. I'm glad you found someone, brother." she said softly, pinching his cheek.
"Of course Karl. Congratulations. Jack, welcome to Castl Dimitrescu." Melania said moving to take a seat. Maidens brought all of them some wine.
"God you guys can be intimidating. But I am happy you approve. I know you don't like the presence of men in the castle. It took Jack a long time to convince me. Thank you."
"A long time? How long have you been together" Alcina asked, taking her seat next to Melania.
"When Melania died. Not long after that."
"That's great, Karl. Jack, you have nothing to fear. Come, take a seat." Alcina said, looking at Jack. There was something about him, she wasn't yet sure if it was negative or not. Needless to say this man intrigued her. He doesn't seem to be afraid.

"Jack. Tell me, dear. You don't seem to be afraid. Or shocked for that matter. Especially at the sight of Melania and I. Has my brother prepared you before meeting us?" she was suspicious.
"Well my lady. You're not the first immoral beings I've met. Even though Karl told me all about you and Lady Dracos. You see, my mother was a vampire, such as yourselves. Quite a bit shorter than you, dear ladies, yet still towering above others. You see, my ladies, I am a human/vampire hybrid." he said, smiling at Karl.
"Interesting. I've never heard of hybrids before. Do tell."
"A witch helped my mother to fall pregnant. This was a powerful witch, able to conjure her own spells. As you know, vampires cannot get pregnant. My mother sadly passed away, about thirty years ago. Humans found out what we were, killed her and was in persuit of me. My mother's sister and I fled England and came here, to Romania." he explained. Melania and Alcina gave each other a knowing glance, excitement and surprise in their eyes.
"I'm so sorry for your loss, dear." she said softly. She caught herself briefly thinking of her mother, and what she was like. The thought quickly disappeared as the girls came through the doors. They looked happy, laughing as they walked in the lounge.
"Mother! Melania!" Bela called.
"Thank you for the maiden, Melania." Cassandra said, a devious smile on her face.
"We can't wait to play with her later!" Daniela chirped.
Karl then only noticed the blood on Melania's jacket.
"Maiden? What happened?" he asked.
"That piece of shit tried stabbing Alcina. With a mere knife." Melania laughed, making Karl and Jack laugh as well, at the maiden's foolishness.
"I gave her to the girls." she said, getting a little nervous now that the girls were here. Alcina also seemed to try and relax.
"Why do you guys look so weird? What did you do?" Karl asked, noticing their nervousness, and the fact that they were even more lovey-dovey. If that was even possible.
"Oh hush, brother." Alcina laughed.
"Alright, everyone. Alcina and I have an announcement to make." Melania said, proudly, albeit nervously, standing next to Alcina, sitting in her chair. They glanced at each other, and without saying a word, held out their left hands, showing off their engagement rings. Cheers of happiness erupted from the girls, excitedly running over and hugging both of them, before grabbing their hands and looking at the rings.
"That's wonderful! I am so fucking happy for you two!" Karl shouted and got up, giving each of them a hug. Jack walked over and gave each of them a kiss on the knuckles. Alcina and Melania happily gave each other a kiss, realizing that being nervous was foolish.

They were all talking and laughing in the lounge, when a loud noise echoed through the castle, every one of them stopped what they were doing, and listened. Alcina and Melania's hearts started racing. Everyone was alert.
"What the fuck was that?" Melania asked, protectively pulling Alcina closer to her. The girls ran over to them, and Alcina held them closer. They all kept quiet, listening carefully. They heard a few maidens screaming. Suddenly they heard multiple racing heartbeats, and a burning smell coming from the direction of the noise.
"Hunters." the girls said in unison. They all glanced at each other, knowing exactly who had sent the hunters here.
"All of you! Gather quickly!" Melania screamed, and all of them ran over.
"I'm going to put a protection spell on you, especially against silver. If this is an attack from that hag, that means they know of our weaknesses. I want you, my girls, to stay with Karl and Jack. Alcina and I will walk ahead. We will kill every single one of those worthless pieces of shit!" Melania said, grabbing Alcina's hand. They all nodded.
"Hekate, voithise me na prostatefso ta agapimena mou proposal. Prostatepste to apo to asimi. Dose mou ti dynami, gia na prostatefso tin oikogeneia mou." Melania chanted, they're hands not letting go of each other. Alcina was getting angrier and angrier by the second.
"Prostatepste mas apo to asimi!" she yelled out, opening her eyes. They make their way to the source of the noise together, anger boiling in all of them. The girls were laughing devilishly, Karl and Jack smiled at each other in excitement, and Melania and Alcina held each other's hands, unable to control their rage.

*************************************
Hekate, voithise me na prostatefso ta agapimena mou proposal. Prostatepste to apo to asimi. Dose mou ti dynami, gia na prostatefso tin oikogeneia mou - Hekate, please help me protect my loved ones. Protect them from silver. Give me the strength to protect my family.

Prostatepste mas apo to asimi! - Protect us from silver.

🖤🖤🖤