Chapter Twenty-two: Battle Of Castle Dimitrescu

Alcina and Melania walked in front of the group, both had the look of death in their eyes. These pathetic humans will pay with their lives. For the first time, Karl and the others held fear, as well as trust, in their hearts for the two giant vampires. Alcina's eyes were glowing gold, while Melania's purple eye had a scarlet tinge to it. They could see both ladies struggle not to transform inside the castle, as they marched fearless towards the humans. Another loud explosion made the entire castle shake, leaving a gaping hole in the Eastern wing's walls, debris flying everywhere.
"Stop destroying my home!" Alcina screamed as they came to a stop, not even flinching at the explosion. They bared their teeth at the sight in front of them : more than 100 hunters, all carrying silver arrows with bows, spears and swords.
"Cassandra, Daniela, Bela! Go back! Go to our chambers and-" Alcina stopped when she felt an arrow piercing her shoulder, the silver only causing a slight burning sensation, thanks to Melania's spells. That did it. That enraged them all.
"You bastards!" Alcina screamed, her body shaking. The hunters got startled when Alcina's massive leathery wings emerged from her back. Melania was already in front of her, practically diving into the crowd, almost completely transformed. They would have caused irreparable damage to the castle, had they transformed inside.
"I'll kill every one of you ugly motherfuckers!" Melania, or rather, the manticore growled. She landed in the middle of the crowd, ripping her way through the hunters. Alcina, mid-air transformed completely, landing on a couple of hunters, crushing them beneath her. Suddenly another explosion came from the southern wing, shattering windows.
"Alcina! Melania! Can you handle these hunters?" Karl yelled. They didn't look up.
"Go, Karl!" the manticore roared.
"Protect my daughters!" the dragon added, grabbing a hunter with her claws. Karl, Jack, Bela, Cassandra and Daniela ran off to the southern wing.

Once there, they saw more hunters carrying weapons.
"Girls, stay close!" Jack called, hissing at a hunter. Using his speed, he ran, snapping necks as he goes. Daniela and Bela used their Sickles, slicing whilst swarming between the hunters. Karl was swinging and crushing them with his big hammer. Cassandra, hanging back, took a deep breath and spoke strong and full of confidence.
"Dynatos lykos, ela!" she said. Melania in the east, smiled to herself, when she heard Cassandra's powerful words.
"Luna! Lykos mou! Ela ston agona mas apo tin plevra mou!" Suddenly, a loud howl came from the forest, making everyone stop, even the manticore and the dragon. Crashing through the trees, a massive dire wolf, as white as snow, ran towards where Cassandra was. It started attacking the hunters, and Cassandra smiled a wicked smile, swarming to join the fight.
"Where the fuck were they coming from?!" Jack yelled, as more hunters came running. With Karl next to him, they fought courageously. Back in the east, the dragon and the manticore's anger had not yet subsided, but to be honest, they were having a great time.
"I want to adopt them!" Melania yelled, a deep and evil laugh rumbling through her.
"What now?!" Alcina asked, briefly looking towards Melania.
"I said, I want to adopt the girls!" they had a brief moment, looking at each other, smiling happily, before the next wave of hunters came.
"That's fantastic, love! I love your timing with this subject!" Alcina laughed as the dragon crushed a hunter under her foot.
"Agapi mou, mon amour! You're beautiful!" Melania almost sang, stinging a hunter with her scorpion tail. They were slowly winning this battle.
"You're crazy! I love you too!" the dragon roared. They were both covered in blood, dripping from their gaping mouths. They had a few cuts and bruises, nothing too serious. They took out the last of the hunters, in the eastern side, when they heard screaming. A woman. They took off flying to the south, without even thinking, blood splattering as their wings moved with each beat.

They came flying around, panicking, thinking it was one of the girls. The dragon's eyes was scanning the field, trying to find her daughters. She first spots Cassandra, fighting alongside a dire wolf. Next her eyes fell on Daniela, practically ripping a man's throat out. Then she saw Bela, fighting off two hunters. Jack was next to Karl, helping him up, since two arrows pierced through his left shoulder.
"Who was screaming?" the dragon asked the manticore, red eyes meeting a blue eye. Melania was looking around, trying to find the source of the screaming.
"I don't- wait! There!" she shouted, looking toward the forest. There on her back, with three hunters trying to kill her, lay Donna Beneviento. Her nose bleeding, she was beaten quite badly. Her dress ripped to shreds. Melania and Alcina just watched, a little confused as to why she was here, but not really caring much that she's about to die. They spot Bela running towards Donna, sickle ready to strike. An axe was about to hit Donna, when Bela stopped it with her sickle. Donna's eyes were wide with shock.
"Back the fuck off!" Bela screamed at them, tears running down her face. All three of them came for her suddenly. The first, she bit his neck, ripping his throat out. Then dodging an axe, she stabbed the second with her sickle, ripping sideways, disembowling him. The third, she grabbed by the neck, lifting him up. With a quick snap, she broke his neck, throwing his body to the side. She immediately runs over to Donna, sitting down beside her, and lifting her onto her lap. All eyes fall on them. It's silent, as the battle had ended, the only thing to be heard was the two beast's breathing. That dragon's eyes narrowed, as she walked and stood next to the manticore.
"What. On. Earth?" Alcina said angrily, about to walk over, when the manticore placed her paw on the dragon's chest, stopping her.
"Alcina, my love. Wait." the manticore spoke softly. Alcina stopped, frowning as she realized what was happening. They all watched the scene unfold in front of them.

"Donna? Are you alright?" Bela asked, stroking her cheek.
"Bela, darling. I am so, so sorry. I never meant to hurt you or your family. Mother Miranda threatened to kill me, unless I did what she asked. She found one of your letters, and she had me dragged here by the hunters, to be killed in front of you. I'm sorry, I hope you can forgive me." she sobbed, blood coming from her nose.
"Don't apologize, love. It's not your fault. I'm not mad. It's alright now, I'll keep you safe." Bela answered, and kissed Donna passionately. Alcina's motherly instincts kicked in, and the dragon marched forward, towards them, growling deeply. The manticire growled, trying to stop her, but to no avail. Bela's back was facing her mother. The dragon exhaled sharply, making Bela's blonde hair flow with the wind. Donna's eyes grew wider with fear.
"How are you show your face here, Donna Beneviento? You almost got us killed that day in the courtyard! You took that hag's side! I'll kill-" the dragon was interrupted by Bela.
"Mother! ENOUGH!" Bela snapped, getting up and helping Donna up. The dragon watched.
"Oh shit." Daniela and Cassandra said at the same time. The manticore ran to the dragon's side. So shocked by her daughter's reaction, Alcina just stood there, narrow eyes watching them.
"My love..." the manticore began.
"You will not touch her. Mother. Donna and I are lovers, and we've been together for a while now. We didn't tell you, because of the altercation in the courtyard all those months ago. We've been writing to each other ever since, because I knew I couldn't talk to you! Exactly because of the reaction you're having now!" Bela yelled, not caring that she was yelling at an extremely temperamental dragon. Alcina however, stood there. Frozen. Tears were running down Bela's face, flustered with anger. Without another word, the dragon took off, flying away.
"It's alright, Bela. My Ligo Koraki. Take Donna inside help her with her wounds. Daniela, Cassandra, go and tend to Karl and Jack's wounds. Cassandra, you may keep your dire wolf, but it stays in the courtyard. I'm so very proud of you all. I'll talk to Alcina." the manricore said, before taking off, flying after the dragon.

The manticore flew above the castle, looking for the dragon. Instead, she saw Alcina in human form, sitting on the day bed on the roof of the castle. The manticore landed close by, making Alcina's dress flow with the wind. Melania changed back into human form, and made her way to Alcina. She took one of the sheets from the bed, and covered her naked body. She sat down next to Alcina, who immediately breaks down in her arms, sobbing.
"Am I a bad mother?" was all she could manage.
"Do not ask me such silly questions, my love. Of course not. You're an amazing mother. It's one of the many reasons I love you. I see the way you love your daughters." she answered. Alcina's tears now running down Melania's naked chest.
"Why didn't she speak to me?"
"She understood the situation my love. Which was a difficult one. I think she was simply seeking the right time to speak to you."
"I am a terrible person."
"I won't marry terrible people, love. You're not terrible, you're amazing, smart, caring, loving and beautiful. A bit temperamental, but not terrible." Melania said, brushing her wild hair out of her face. The battle did a number on the both of them, both covered in blood and hair all over the place.
"I love you, darling." Alcina said.
"I love you too, always." Melania whispered, embracing her fiance, just letting her cry in her arms.

After a while, she gets up and picks Alcina up, who rests her head in her neck, one arm around her back, the other around her neck. As she walked towards their chambers, Melania started humming her lullaby, calming Alcina down completely, feeling her relax in her arms. Her shoulder was bleeding, but not too much, as she puts Alcina on the vanity chair. She gently stitched up her wound, which started healing already. She undressed her, throwing her dress off ti the side. She removed the sheets around her and walked into the bathroom, bathtub filled with hot water. She slowly walked into the bath, and sits down placing Alcina in front of her between her legs. Alcina's back facing her she gently runs a cloth with soap over her back, and placed soft kisses in her neck. It's the early hours of the morning, when they get into bed, exhausted after the battle. Laying in each other's arms, they drift into a deep sleep.

*************************************
Dynatos lykos, ela! - Mighty wolf, come forth!

Luna! Lykos mou! Ela ston agona mas apo tin plevra mou! - Luna, my wolf. Join our fight by my side!

🖤🖤🖤