12. Its really happening..!

Kritikap.o.v:

The next complete week was a blur for me. Mom and dad were so happy. Rehaan's mom literally cried with joy when she came to know about our decision.

Aksha was super happy.. She kept on teasing me about the crush i had on Rehaan back then and how lucky i am to actually marry him. Jai as usual faked hos true love for me and how i broke his heart, such a flirt i tell you.

Few were shocked, few were overwhelmed... When the news about my marriage reached them. But at the end of the day all that matters is my happiness. And am i happy..? Hellyes! Idontcarehehadsomeone inhislifebackthen... Butfromnowoniwillbetheone.
What'swithyoursuddenoverconfidencemy subconscious sneered.
Itsnotoverconfidenceitshopeishutherupwiththat.

Rehaan's parents came over and set a date for our engagement. 20th of March. 6 more days to go. I was i my room my ears close to the door and listening to their conversation. After the date was decided Rehaan's mom came into my room which was expected from my spy instincts. I just acted as if i am rearranging my book self.

"Kriti...." Mom came in with aunty. I said my namaste and bent to touch her feet but she stopped me and said
"your are going to become my daughter in law your place is in my heart not my feet" hugging me.
I smiled at her " So what..?! Though i am in your heart i always want blessings from my elders and touching their feet is just a token of respect"
She smiled at me and turned to my mom and said " she have grown up so well" iwonderwhatwouldshesaywhen she hearsaboutmydrunkact. my mom who was proud with her comment gave her a bright smile. My mom left us to talk later.

" Thankyou kritika you have no idea how happy i am" she said once mom left.
I just smiled at her and she continued "we have fixed your engagement 6 days later i would like if you would go and chose your engagement ring" i was about to object when she raised her hand and continued " no objections .... Its your big day and i want you to celebrate it the way you want. Rehaan would come and pick you up go and select your rings. Okay..?!" She asked. I just nodded my head. ComeoniwillgettoseeRehaanhowdidyouexpectme to sayno..!

After aunty left i was super excited i called Aksha and told her everything, being my best friend which she is .... We came up with our shopping plans for my engagement. There was this huge veryhuge stupid grin stuck on my face.

I had a missed call the next day from Rehaan while i was in some stupid meeting. I was literally freaking..... Took two to three deep breaths... And called him back.... Ten.... twenty... Twentyone... Twentytwo.... Yes!! Iwascountingnumberstocalmmynerves... I wonder how will get used to it.

"Hello..!" Rehaan's voice rung from other half of the receiver and an involuntary smile took place on my face.

"Hello... "My voice sounded ...shy. If Aksha had listen to that she would be laughing hard.