22. Dinner Disaster

Flashback:

Friday rolled in and i have already asked Jai to book my flight which thankfully he did. I have called Veronica and told her about my surprise and she filled me up with the details of Rehaan's stay. It was a small one Bhk flat in the saroj bagh area. I was super excited standing infront of his flat ringing the bell.

All my excitement was drained after seeing the person who opened the door. NITYA. she was wearing a tight fit jeans and a blue color blouse on.

Isn't this My Rehaan's flat? What the heck is she doing here? Where the hell is Rehaan?

"Baby" there was a pause and "who is it ?" Rehaan came and stood behind her. The moment his eyes met mine he froze.

Loyalty... My foot!
.
.
.
Kritika p.o.v:

"Kriti.... Wh..what are you doing here?" Rehaan asked as soon as he found his voice.

Seriously... What are you doing here? Is that what he asked.? Stupid guy..! What the Hell is he doing here? That to with her.? We have been married for what 2 weeks and he is already ....
Don't jump into conclusion's kritika...mom's words rang in my head.

Okay... Lets say I'm not! after seeing her here. But what about after hearing him call her 'Baby'. Frankly my blood was boiling all i wanted to do was pull her out of my way catching her hair and slapping Rehaan.

"Kritika..." He voiced again. " It's not how it looks"

'How could you...how could you do this to me' I wanted to shout at him but was silent.

"Come in and we could talk" he said dragging my suitcase inside. Just then my phone started ringing. It was Rehaan's father.

"Hello.." My voice was a mere whisper I could feel both their eyes on me.
"Ji..haan ...papa. I just reached" my voice little louder and clear than before. "No...No.. Ya.. It was easy to locate Rehaan's place." I said my eyes meeting his. If only he knows what his son is doing here i thought bitterly. No I'm not gonna stand here and give that bitch the satisfaction of destroying my married life.

I gave my phone to Rehaan because papa wanted to talk to him while i walked past that bitch making my way inside.

"Kritika.."Rehaan called out giving my phone back to me. "You want some water?" He asked cautiously.

"No.... Thank you" i said highly controlling my voice not to be bitter or showing of my anger. I'm sure my poker face managed to keep my face expressionless.

" Come i will show you washroom you could fresh up a bit... I was just cooking dinner."he said calculating his words.

"Sure" i said giving him one of those fake  smiles i managed to master because of Purnima my college mate and my soul enemy. Thinking of which Rehaan and she were friends back then I wonder what happened to her.

Rehaan placed my suitcase near the bed and showed me the washroom.
I was taking a dress to wear when Rehaan asked "Kritika what are you doing here?"

SERIOUSLY. This is the 2nd time he is asking this. I wanted to smack his face. " what am i doing here? Last time i checked you were my husband and you wanted me to come to stay with you" i said couldn't able to filter my words before they came out but i didn't regret those words. Let him know How does seeing your husband with his ex feels.