Chapter 29

I scrub the dishes with the rag in the sink while Josée quietly dries them with the dish towel.

"So what music do you like?" I break the silence.

Their is a long pause before she answers, "I like Ed Sheeran and the 1975"

Wow I didn't expect for her to actually answer.

"Ah Ed Sheeran... You know he did write some of our songs"

"Yeah...those are the only good ones" She mumbles.

"Ouch...now you just hurting my feelings" I chuckle taking it lightly.

I look over and can't help see a small smile creep up her lips.

"I'm just being honest" She tries to hide her smile.

"Well I don't expect everyone to like our music, but have you heard any of or songs besideshat makes you beautiful'?"

"No, I just hear that one and I knew I instantly did like your type of music. You guys sound like a basic boy band. I hear on the radio and that song been out for 3 years" She mumbles.

"Well actually listen to our other songs. Were not just a typical pop boy band. We can put on a but of a rock feel, or alternative really" I laugh.

"Okay" She says bluntly. I continue to scrub the dishes in the sink, while she dries them. I know I can make her like me a bit more then she does right now. But...I'm terrible with kids.

Wait a second! I have a kid! I guess I'm not so bad with them, now that I've experienced having my own. But I don't know how to please a 14 year old...

Okay let's see, when Harmony is sad...I try to make her feel better by giving her something that she wants...then she will stop crying.

I'VE GOT IT! ILL SHOW JOSÈE THAT I'M GOOD GUY BY GIVING HER SOMETHING SHE WANTS!

I finish washing the dishes and dry my hands off. As she is still drying the dishes, I pull out my phone and dial a number.

I place the phone to my ear and listen to the faint ringing.

"Hello?" The likely British accent peers through the phone.

"Hey Ed, do you have a moment?" I ask.
I hear the sound of a dish dropping harshly on the counter as I speak him name.

Josée turns to me with a dumbfounded look on her face.
"NO WAY!" A smile peers to her lips.

"Yeah mate, what's up?" Ed mumbles through the phone.

"I have a really big fan that would like to talk to you" I say while looking at Josée.

Her face fills with joy as she starts hopping up and down.