~what did you say?~

Lila's outfit

Lila sits on the sofa, her legs tucked up to her side, an olive green blanket covering her legs, in her lap sat Aubrey

Lila sits on the sofa, her legs tucked up to her side, an olive green blanket covering her legs, in her lap sat Aubrey. Aubrey swaddled in fleece pyjamas. Both girls watching a children's cartoon on the TV, the theme song floating out of the speakers into the warm living room. Aubrey lets out a big yawn, causing Lila to look down "is that a new tooth honey?" Lila asks gently parting Aubrey's lips, the top gum sprouting its first front tooth. "Is it sore honey?" She asks looking around. Lila scoops up the swaddled baby into her arms, standing up slowly, the blanket dropping to the cold floor. Lila shuffles up the carpet covered stairs, going into Aubrey's room.

"Where is it?" Lila said to herself rummaging in the drawers with one hand, finding the gum soothing gel. Shoving the gel down into her bra, closing the white door as she walks back out, Aubrey babbling into Lila's pierced ears, "I know honey, I miss daddy too, but he's working now" Lila said in a baby voice stroking Aubrey's hair. Sitting back down on the couch, pulling the blanket back up into her lap. "Let mommy put this on your gums so they are less sore okay" Lila said pulling the tube of gel from her bra. She adjusts Aubrey so Aubrey is leaning back in her arm, her head resting on Lila's elbow crease.

"Open up sweetie" Lila said with the white cap of the tube in-between her teeth, the gel sitting on Lila's index finger. Lila puts her finger into Aubrey's mouth, gently massaging the sore gums with the cool gel. Aubrey welcomes the cold skin that belongs to Lila, gently suckling on the finger. The baby that snuggled closer to her mother, her eyelids slowly falling to her closed. "Goodnight honey" Lila whispered her finger still in Aubrey's mouth, Lila gently scoots down the couch till she was fully lying down, Aubrey still in her arms. Giving Aubrey a light kiss on the temple, still watching the children's TV show the animations running around the screen, chasing eachother.

When Jasper walks through the door, he hears the theme song of Mickey mouse clubhouse playing on the the TV, he kicks off his trainers, slipping on his slippers that was resting on the radiator in the hall way. He walks into the living room, finding his loveing wife and his daughter lying on the couch, Aubrey still sound asleep, whilst Lila's eyes stare at the coffee table in front of her her eyes seeming distance. Jasper lightly treds towards his family, kneeling down. He runs his hand over Lila's scrumpled hair. "Lila?" Jasper calls, brushing her fringe out of her face, her eyes still clouded over, Jasper's eyes scans over Lila's face, Jasper who looks down at his baby girl deciding to pick her up and take her upstairs in case anything happens. Setting Aubrey down covering her with a blanket, making sure the barrier is up. He rushed back down stairs to his mate, Jasper places himself in front of Lila, on the floor. Jasper encases Lila's face in his hands, "Doll? Darlin'?" Jasper asks his voice wobbling with growing worry.

Jasper gently shakes Lila in his hands, Lila's eyes roll back before she blinks rapidly, her eyes widening as she stares at Jasper. "Where's Aubrey? Is she okay? Is she hurt?" Lila panics sitting up, hurriedly, her eyes frantically scanning the living room. Jasper shushes the manic vampire."Lila Darlin' calm down she's okay I took her upstairs to her crib, I came in and you was completely blank" Jasper said, sitting back slightly. Lila shakes her head the confusion radiating from her in large waves. "I remember lying down with Aubrey and that's it" Lila said her eyebrows furrowing.

"We'll talk about this later, Aubrey hasn't eaten yet" Lila said standing up,   Jasper grabs Lila's wrist "Doll please don't shut me out, has the happened before?" Jasper asked standing up as well. Lila nods avoiding eye contact with Jasper's. Lila looks back up to see Jasper's face which held a bit of hurt and mostly confusion. "I don't know what's going on Jaz, it keeps happening, it happened yesterday when I was in the bath, but it was only for a little bit" Lila said bringing her body to Jasper's, Jasper instantly wraps his arms around Lila. "It's okay Darlin' we will figure it okay, maybe we can have Eleazar come out or we can call him. Now you doll, you relax, I'll feed the baby okay?" Jasper said, pushing Lila out to arms length. Lila nods putting her head down, the crown of her head resting in Jasper's chest.

"So you sit down, watch a movie and I'll go feed the baby" Jasper said making Lila sit down, he wraps the green blanket, around Lila, the only thing showing was her face, Jasper hands the remote to Lila before wondering upstairs "Aubrey" Jasper sings opening the door, standing up in her crib hands gripping at the bars of the crib. "Hello baby" Jasper said greeting the baby girl with a large smile. Gently lifting under Aubrey's arms, holding Aubrey out " mommy needs a rest, so I'll be feeding you" Jasper said bringing her closer kissing her head before tucking Aubrey to his chest. As he walks down the stairs he makes Aubrey gently bounce in his arm, a giggle gurgling in her throat. As Jasper enters the living room Aubrey holds her short arms out to Lila "mama?" Aubrey bables, Jasper's head snaps down at the baby in his arms, making grabby hands, Lila's head turns as if on a swivel. "What did you say?" Lila said getting up from the couch, leaving the blanket there.

"Mama" Aubrey repeats, a big gummy smile embelished on her face, Lila points to Jasper Aubrey looks up at Jasper gurgling. "D-da" as Aubrey starts both vampires give encouraging nods. "You're so close honey" Lila said grinning ear to ear. "Dada" Aubrey manages out the word causing the couple to cheer and Lila claps excitedly "Well done sweet heart" Jasper said giving Aubrey and kiss on the cheek, Lila kisses the other cheek at the same time, both vampires pepper Aubrey with kisses on each side of her face.