THE PREPARATIONS

It was a sunny day in the region of Galar. The air was fresh and the wind was blowing softly through the bustling and busy city. It was a nice day, perfect for what was about to happen in just a couple of minutes. The event that we're talking about was so big, that it would go down in the history books of pokemon battles, be taught about in schools, and would be a hot topic all around the world.

All the trainers from the city and pretty much everyone who lived there was going towards the Wyndon Stadium, the place where the biggest and most important battle of the pokemon world was about to take place. People from all over the world had come to attend the event. News reporters, Pokemon researchers, professors, their assistants, pokemon fans, and those who couldn't get there, were watching from the comfort of their homes.

The Wyndon Stadium was one of, if not, the biggest stadium in the world and even that was filled to the brim with excited pokemon enthusiasts. Multiple media vans were parked outside, broadcasting the event all over the earth. Numerous large displays had been set up pretty much at every corner for people to witness the event from outside the stadium, as all the tickets had been sold out the moment they were available online as well as offline.

Inside the stadium, people were rushing to get the front row seats to witness the battle more closely, media personnel were setting up cameras and microphones while the stadium staff was busy making sure the battlefield was perfect for the legenda...

Inside the stadium, people were rushing to get the front row seats to witness the battle more closely, media personnel were setting up cameras and microphones while the stadium staff was busy making sure the battlefield was perfect for the legendary battle it was about to be a witness to. In my opinion, though, it was a waste of time since it was going to be destroyed in a few minutes anyway. 

Now back to the point, the stadium was full, the cameras were set, and the only thing left were the participants. 

"Where the hell is that Pikachu?!" was heard by the people in the back seats, turning to look to find a purple-haired woman angrily shouting at a blue-haired man and a suspiciously fat and wobbly man with the face of what appeared to be a Meowth. All of them were wearing the standard gear for the media crew.

The woman was mercilessly punching both the men because they couldn't find her Pikachu, at least that's what the audience thought

The woman was mercilessly punching both the men because they couldn't find her Pikachu, at least that's what the audience thought. These people were part of a dangerous organization called Team Rocket that wanted to achieve world domination, although those three on their own were actually harmless to even a toddler. 

The Pikachu in question was one that they had been trying to steal for the past 6 years, obviously unsuccessfully. It was actually a really powerful Pikachu too, having defeated multiple mega-evolved and even legendary pokemon on its own. It was also the first pokemon of one of the participants.

"I'm sorry Jessy, we tried to ambush the twerp and had almost captured Pikachu, but that twerp's Greninja came in the way and sent us blasting off before we could do anything" apologized the blue-haired man, named James.

"Yeah, that Greninja is way too powerful for its own good!" followed by a "Woooobbuffeetttt!!" from the fat man, who was actually two pokemon, a talking Meowth and a Wobbuffet, backed up the man's claims, which just made the woman named Jessy even madder.

"What are you lazy people doing there?! Come here and start recording! The match is about to start!!" Their employer yelled at them to go to the front to be able to catch the match on camera. Not wanting to make the man angry and jeopardize the money they desperately needed to conquer the world, they rushed to his side and set up their equipment.

Jessy started up the camera and pointed it at the news reporter, a beautiful young woman who she was really jealous of, while Meowth held up the Microphone with the help of Wobbuffet and James carried a megaphone and other audio equipment. They began recording as the reporter named Ami started speaking.

Ami: "Hello all pokemon fans! Today is the day you have been waiting for for so long! It's the day of the legendary battle between the Current World Champion and the Challenger, The Youngest Champion in the history of Pokemon battles!! The day has finally come for you to witness Pokemon Battles at their finest!"  The young woman cheerfully announced, "Oh, look! A platform's coming up!"

 The camera zoomed out from her and zoomed in again at the plain steel platform coming up from the ground, slowly rising up towards the Trainers' boxes. The battlefield would be changed after 3 pokemon of either trainer have been defeated, so there will be 2 different fields for the battle. The first one would be a grassy plain with scarcely placed trees, some elevated rocks on one side, and a river with a waterfall on the other. 

As the platform came up, people noticed an elderly man standing in the middle of the plain steel. The man was none other than the President of the Pokemon League Association, Charles Goodshow. He was wearing a black 3-piece suit for this occasion with a mic in his hand and an athlete standing next to him. Goodshow was holding the Torch with the Flames of Moltres in it, ready for the traditional ceremony. 

Announcer: "Good Morning folks!! Today we are gathered here to witness a battle that will surely go down in the history books! It's time for the showdown that everyone's been waiting for anxiously! The battle between the reigning World Champion Blue Oak and the Pokemon sensation Satoshi! The youngest person to become the Champion of a region and the Final World League Elite! This battle is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness Pokemon battling at its Prime!!" The announcer started to hype up the audience for the upcoming battle as if they weren't already excited enough. 

Announcer: "Now I would like to bring attention to the Pokemon League Association's President, Mr. Goodshow! Please give him a big round of applause!" The statement was met with a huge wave of sound in the form of clapping, cheering, and shouting. "Mr. Goodshow, would you please do the honors and take it from here?" The MC politely asked, and was met with a nod from Goodshow.

Goodshow: "Good Morning ladies and gentlemen, I'm sure you know what we've gathered here for, so let's not waste any time in boring speeches and start with the battle, shall we? I'm sure you feel the same, cause I can't wait much longer now!" his statement caused many people to chuckle and kids to roar in excitement, relieved they wouldn't have to sit through an hour-long speech before the long-awaited clash began. Goodshow smiled upon seeing the reaction of the audience and proceeded to call the Champions/World League Elites except for Blue and Satoshi for the traditional ceremony.

One by one the Champions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Galar namely Lance, Steven, Cynthia, Elder, Diantha, and Leon came upon the battlefield. After giving their respective speeches, Goodshow handed over the Torch to the athlete to light the giant lotus set at the top of the stadium to light it with the Flames of Moltres. When the Lotus was lit with the majestic flames of one of the legendary birds of Kanto, the ceremony was officially concluded and the audience was given a break while the staff made sure everything was prepared for the Clash Of Titans.

                                                      NEXT CHAPTER: THE CLASH OF TITANS