POKEMON ACADEMY

Ash woke up the next day to a thunderbolt from Pikachu. It's been the best sleep he had in a while. No nightmares, no bad memories. It was just peaceful. But, nothing lasts forever, does it? His peaceful sleep was rudely interrupted by the yellow mouse.

He got up and dusted himself off before giving Pikachu a death glare which went to waste because Pikachu was too busy laughing to notice. Ash just shook his head at the pokemon's actions and prepared for the day.

After getting dressed he had an apple as breakfast and gave food to his pokemon. When he was done, he went to the living room and sat down to watch something on T.V. . He didn't find anything interesting, so he switched it off and went to take a walk with Pikachu.  

After a while of roaming in the city, he got hungry and went to a restaurant to eat something. It was a fairly normal café, nothing too fancy, and ordered some Kalosian dish and ketchup for Pikachu.

He was eating quietly, when two loud people, the same age as him, entered the café and sat down at a table next to him. They were talking about some stuff that he was not interested in so he tuned them out. Just as he was about to leave, one of them said something that got his attention.

Stranger 1: "Hey do you know that last year's Kalos league winner and the Kalos Queen are going to attend the Pokemon Academy! I was thinking of joining too! That way I can meet the League winner and Kalos Queen!" he said with enthusiasm in his voice.

 Stranger 2: "Oh really! Then we should join too! I'm a big fan of the Kalos Queen! She's so beautiful," the other said dreamily.

Ash then went to the counter and paid and left, pondering if he should join the Academy or not. He turned to his partner walking to his left and asked.

Ash: "Hey Pikachu, what do you think about what those two people were talking about? Should I join the Academy or not?" Pikachu jumped on his shoulder and fist-pumped the air.

Pikachu: "Pika! Pika pi. pikachu pikachu pi" it said enthusiastically.

Ash: "So you think I should join it?" he asked to confirm to which Pikachu nodded. "Think we should give prof. Sycamore a visit?" it nodded again. So the pair made their way to the lab.

After nearly half an hour of walking, the two finally reached the lab. They made their way inside and were greeted by Sophie. She told them that prof. was doing some important work and that they could wait in the greenhouse behind in the lab.

They went to the back and played with the pokemon there. After a while of waiting, prof. came running to them and stopped for a moment to catch his breath before speaking.

Sycamore: "Sorry to keep you waiting." he apologized and bowed a little.

Ash: "It's okay prof. It wasn't a long wait and besides, I enjoyed playing with the pokemon," he said reassuring the researcher with a smile. The prof. stopped bowing and returned the smile.

Sycamore: "So, what brings you here, Ash?" 

Ash: "Nothing. Just came to pay a visit. Where's Alain, prof." he asked about his rival from the Kalos league.

Sycamore: "Oh him, he went on a date with Aria, the former Kalos Queen" Sycamore smiled, glad that his serious assistant got to show some feelings. The only other person who was able to get him to show some excitement was Ash. 

Ash: "Oh Aria? I remember I met her twice during my time in Kalos. It must have been hard for her to get Alain to agree. I remember how difficult it was to make him smile even a little bit" he chuckled saying that and prof. chuckled too.

Sycamore: "Yeah, you're right about that. I can't believe she managed to get him to go with her."

They talked for a while and since it was getting late, Ash decided to go back home because it would take time to reach his house as it was on the end of Lumiose city. But before he left he asked the prof. about the Pokemon Academy.

Ash: "Prof., on my way here, I heard some people talking about a Pokemon Academy and I thought maybe I could join it" prof. smiled at him and said.

Sycamore: "Pokemon Academy is an academy built for pokemon trainers and performers teaching about battling and showcases along with other subjects. I think it's a good thing that you decided to join. I am a teacher there along with all the other profs." 

Ash: "Wow! so cool. So how do I join it?"

Sycamore: "All you have to do is contact Diantha and tell her that you want to sign up for the academy. She's the principal of the school so you have to do this only and you would be ready to go"

Ash: "Ok so where's this academy and how do I contact Diantha?" 

Sycamore: "Well it's on the opposite end of Lumiose from your house. As for contacting Diantha, here." he said handing Ash a mobile phone.

" he said handing Ash a mobile phone

 Ash: "What's this prof.?" he asked confused.

Sycamore: "This here, Ash is the latest smartphone plus nanodex. It can store an unlimited amount of pokeballs and would work like a normal mobile phone. It also has the personal numbers of all the Champions, Elites, and professor's saved in it. So you contact Diantha using this." he finished explaining all that to the raven-haired boy.

Ash: "Thank you, prof. It was nice talking to you, but I must head home now. All my pokemon would be worried about me. See you again soon prof." with that he walked out of the lab onto his way to his mansion. On his way, he was thinking about what would happen once he joins Pokemon Academy and thought that maybe he could meet Serena there. 

But he never thought about the possibility that she might've forgotten about him and moved on from him or already got a boyfriend.

(A/N: THAT'S IT FOR THIS CHAPTER. AMOUR IS ABOUT TO KICK IN SOON. BUT BEFORE THAT I WOULD NEED TO SET UP THE SITUATION THAT WAS MENTIONED IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE BOOK. SO IT WOULD TAKE SOME MORE TIME FOR AMOURSHIPPING TO FINALLY SET SAIL. BUT IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT IN THE END)