HEARTBREAK

(A/N: THIS ABOVE IS SERENA'S MANSION. I FORGOT TO ADD IT IN THE LAST CHAPTER)

Ash went to his first class which was pokemon studies after getting his schedule. He reached the class after some time of searching and knocked on the door. 

???: "Come in my boy" a voice said from behind the door. 

Ash: 'Prof. Oak?' he thought as he turned the knob and entered the class. As soon as he entered the class, he spotted Serena sitting in the front with a boy that looked a bit like him and wore clothes similar to his Kalos outfit. He recognized the boy as Calem Xavier, the Kalos League winner. 

As a Champion, he had to watch other Champions battling challengers. And at the time he challenged the Elite four of Kalos, Ash had become the Champion of Alola so he watched the battle and he was quite impressed by his power but he was not a fan of his cocky and arrogant attitude. 

Oak: "Class we have a new student. Would you mind introducing yourself, Ash?" Oak asked bringing Ash out of his thoughts.

Ash: "I am Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town in the Kanto Region. And this is my partner Pikachu. Hope we can be friends" he said smiling confidently. Now that he looked around the class, he saw many girls staring at him and blushing, some even drooling. He internally sighed. 

Oak: "Ash you can go sit next to Clemont. Clemont please stand up so he can see you" Oak said. Clemont stood up and Ash walked to the table next to him and sat down.

 Clemont turned to him and held out his hand for a handshake which Ash gladly accepted and shook

Clemont: "Hi I am Clemont, The Lumiose City Gym Leader" he said smiling.

Ash: "I'm Ash" he replied returning the smile.

The rest of the class went by quickly. Ash listened to the prof. for the first few minutes but quickly concluded that he knew everything that was being taught so he looked out the window and thought about how beautiful she has become and smiled to himself. 

But he failed to notice the interactions between Serena and Calem. If he did, he would've known that there was something more between them and they were not only friends but were in a relationship.

(TIMESKIP TO LUNCH)

Ash was walking to the cafeteria to get lunch when he spotted Serena and started running towards her. When he got close, he saw some other people walking with her. One of them was Calem, but Ash was surprised to see a purple-haired trainer who was his rival in Sinnoh, Paul.

Seeing Paul, who was once a cold-hearted person, talking and smiling with people made him smile too. He slowed down to a walking pace and just as he was about to approach the group, he saw something that shattered his heart. Calem kissed Serena and she didn't resist.