THE RIFT AND A BATTLE

The next day, Ash woke up later than usual. He got up and started stretching, with Pikachu copying him. The teen chuckled watching the antics of the yellow mouse.

Ash: "Good morning, buddy. Looks like we slept in late today" he said after checking the time on his phone, smiling.

Pikachu: "Pika pi pika pikachu?"  it questioned, looking up at it's trainer curiously.

Ash: "Why am I in such a good mood today? Well Pikachu because...today is the day!!" he exclaimed happily, jumping up.

Pikachu: "Pika?! Pikapi Pikachu!!" it's eyes widened and then the pokemon also jumped in the air.

Ash: "Now let's get ready and do some training before the carnival starts" and he went in the bathroom to get ready.

Ash got out wearing his usual clothes and walked downstairs to make breakfast. After feeding his pokemon and eating himself, he went to the backyard for their daily training. 

Ash: "Ok everyone! Let's begin today's training. Starting with 10 laps of the backyard! Now let's go!" he exclaimed and started running with his pokemon following their trainer.

After about half an hour, they were done with their running and started working on their speed and agility. Ash was also training with his Lucario and Greninja to improve his endurance while using the Bond Phenomenon and stamina in general.

Three hours of training later, Ash called for a lunch break.

Ash: "Alright everyone! That's enough for now. Let's have some lunch and then we will have a practise battle. Okay?" he was met with roars of approval from his pokemon.

The raven-haired boy went back in the house in order to make lunch. He made some kantonian food that his mom used to make when he returned from one of his journeys and made type specific food for his pokemon.

He then set the pokemon food into bowls and called his pokemon to eat it and sat down to eat himself. After eating, he went back out and said.

Ash: "Ok everyone! Today we're gonna have a battle between Charizard and Greninja! Is that alright?" all of his pokemon nodded, cooed or roared in response so he continued "Charizard and Greninja take your positions and Mewtwo create a psychic barrier around the battlefield" Ash called out to his pokemon.

Charizard and Greninja took their positions on the opposite ends of the battlefield with Ash standing in the middle of the side lines. Mewtwo used it's psychic power and created a large pink dome around the battlefield.

Ash: "So let's start with Flamethrower and Hydro Pump!" he commanded with a familiar hint of excitement in his voice and shine in his eyes. 

Charizard opened it's mouth and fired a large stream of orange flames from his mouth while Greninja fired an equally big stream of water from it's own mouth. Both moves collided and an explosion occurred. 

Ash: "Charizard Dragon Claw! Greninja meet it head on with Night Slash!" Ash called out again once the dust cleared. 

Charizard clenched it's clawed hands in the form of a fist.  When he opened them, they grew longer and got surrounded in teal coloured energy. It then flapped it's huge wings and took off towards Greninja, who was already charging in it's direction with a dark coloured blade in hand.

They met in the middle of the battlefield and clashed with their respective moves. Both of them constantly slashed at each other, trying to land a hit before the other, with no success until they both met at a standstill. 

That was when Charizard found an opening and stroked with it's other hand which was free and sent Greninja sliding back to it's initial position, clenching it's stomach in pain.