THE ATTACK

LAST TIME

Serena: "Ash what's wrong?! Why are you crying?!"

And that's when it hit her. Everything went black and all she last heard was Ash's frantic screaming.

Ash: "Serena?Serena?!SERENA?!"

NOW

The hall's back wall near the bleachers, where our hero was sitting, blasted open, sending dust and debris flying all over the place and injuring some students near the back. The impact of the blast sent Ash, Serena, Gary, and all the others flying a couple of meters in front of them, knocking Serena out in the process.

From the smoke came many people dressed in orange uniforms with orange hair and fancy eyewear. They were equipped with hi-tech guns and laser blasters. They started filling the hall and surrounded everyone in it. By the time the Champions and students recovered, they were surrounded with guns pointed at them. 

When the smoke cleared, everyone was either shocked or scared. Lance was the first one to come out of shock and anger was clear on his face after he realized who the people holding them hostage were. Team Flare.

Lance: "What the hell is going on?!" he yelled to the nearest member to him, who was pointing a gun at him. 

???: "It's just what it looks like. We have taken you and everyone present here hostage" Lance's question was answered by a fat man coming out of the hole into the hall wearing the same uniform. The man was the head scientist of team flare, Xerosic. Xerosic's voice caught everyone's attention and brought them out of their daze.

Lance looked at the man in disgust.

Lance: "What do you want, Xerosic?" he spat through gritted teeth. Xerosic started laughing sinisterly throwing his arms to his sides, before regaining his composer and answering the champion of Kanto.

Xerosic: "Oh nothing much. We just need all the pokemon here...along with the Kalos Queen. You give us what and we'll leave everyone unharmed" 

Lance: "And you think we'll just agree to those terms?! You'll have to defeat us before getting either of those!!" 

Lance took out two pokeballs, tapped the buttons to enlarge them, and threw the pokeballs, followed by other Champions. The pokeballs flew in the air for a couple of seconds, but then landed on the ground without opening. Everyone looked on in confusion while the Team Flare members laughed hysterically.

Xerosic: "You really thought we'd come here unprepared? Look here-" he pulls out a small device that looks like a radio with a couple of antennae out of his pocket. "This is a Pokeball jammer. It stops any pokeballs from opening within a mile radius. Only the pokeballs with special chips that I made can open when this is in use. And now you can't do anything except listen to us if you don't wanna die!!" And he burst into psychotic laughter again.

???: "I'll have to disagree with you there, Xerosic" a mysterious cold voice was heard from the large sea of students. A voice that ceased Xerosic's laughter abruptly. He recognized that voice immediately and his eyes widened in fear.

The students cleared the path for whoever said that and the voice traced back to a raven-haired, auburn-eyed champion, with his cap shadowing his eyes. Ash walked through the crowd with slow and heavy steps that displayed strength and authority, unlike anyone, had ever seen before. The fear was clearly visible on some of the grunts as well as Xerosic. Gary, Lance, and Diantha also had their eyes widened in fear. After all, they were the only ones who had seen this side of Ash, and it was not pretty, to say the least.

The students of the academy were shocked to see the one they had mocked instill such fear in Team Flare's admin. They all had their eyes wide open, especially Serena's group. They had never expected Ash to be this cold.