THE CHANGE

(A/N: CREDITS TO PRB12)

The gang along with all the students were heading to their respective classes when suddenly the intercom started blaring static noises. They looked on in confusion before the voice of Diantha, the school principal, came through.

Diantha: "Good morning, students. I request all of you to head towards the auditorium right now, please" 

There were murmurs of confusion around the whole institute, all saying one thing: "Why does Diantha want all of the students in the auditorium"

Gary: "What does Diantha want with all of us?" Gary asked his best friend with a frown, to which Ash just casually shrugged and started walking towards their new destination with his hands in his pockets. Gary shook off the doubt and followed his friend.

They got inside the huge hall to see nearly all the seats occupied with students, talking among themselves and looking at the stage expectantly. Our heroes sat down at the back left corner, where the last seats were left, with a few empty seats next to them. And guess what?

The Ash hater group entered at last and saw the only remaining seats were next to the 'Losers'.

Calem: "Ugh come on, we have to sit with them!" Camel frustratedly exclaimed, which attracted annoyed looks from Ash and Gary, as well as some other students.

Ash: "If you have so much problem with us, then don't sit here, Drama Queen. Just keep standing throughout the whole ceremony" the raven-haired teen replied in a threatening tone while glaring at the 'Drama Queen'. The tone sent shivers down everyone's spines and made Gary chuckle.

They considered it, and then Serena decided she didn't want to stand the whole time, so she sat down, seeing no one dared to do so after Ash's threat. Serena always had this weird feeling that no matter how scary Ash was to the others, she was sure that he will never hurt her.

They were sitting with Gary in the corner, Ash beside Gary, Serena beside Ash, Calem beside Serena, Miette next to Calem, and so on. 

Ash: "Are you not scared?" Ash asked Serena after everyone sat down. She turned to him and gave a heartwarming smile. 

Serena: "No I'm not, cause I know you're never gonna hurt me" she replied confidently. Ash raised a brow at her confident reply, even though the others were too scared to even make eye contact with him.

Ash: "And how are you so sure?" 

Serena: "I don't know, something just tells me that you won't" Ash smiled at her and she smiled back. 

Calem: "Hey Loser! Stay away from her!" Calem suddenly decided to jump into the conversation but shrank back in his seat when Ash and Serena both glared at him. Serena suddenly realized that she was glaring at her boyfriend, and quickly looked away. Fortunately for her, no one noticed it. 

Serena: 'Why did I feel angry when Calem called Ash a loser? And why am I talking so nicely to him?' Serena thought to herself with a frown but was pulled out of her thoughts by a voice.

Ash: "You alright Serena?" he asked her with a hint of worry. Serena quickly shook her thoughts away and turned to Ash with a smile.

Serena: "I'm completely fine Ash, don't worry"

Ash shrugged and they continued to talk for some time before they were interrupted by the voice of prof. Sycamore.

Sycamore: "Alright everyone! Quiet down! Today is a special day and Diantha has called you to tell you about it. So please welcome the Principal of this institute and Champion of Kalos, Diantha!!" he shouted in the microphone, as Diantha came on stage and was met with a huge roar of cheers and applause.

Meanwhile, Serena was thinking to herself.

Serena: 'Why am I suddenly feeling so comfortable around Ash? I used to hate him till this morning, and now I'm suddenly so happy talking to him? And that vision too, although he did look cute in that. Wait ...What?! What's wrong with me today?' she thought to herself but decided to dwell on it later, as Diantha took the microphone and started speaking. 

Diantha: "Good morning students. Today is a special day and I've called you here to tell you what happened on this day, as most people don't know of this. 35 years ago, on this day, a young man from Pallet Town in the Kanto region set out on his journey as a pokemon trainer with his starter pokemon, a Charmander. His goal was to be the very best. Do you know who I'm talking about?" she paused to ask the students about this person.

But all she got were confused looks from the crowd, except for two students, as she expected.

Diantha: "The trainer started by challenging the gyms of the Kanto region to participate in the league. At first, he struggled a bit, but after some time, he started getting the hang of it and was getting better at battling very quickly. He won badge after badge and finally participated in the Indigo League. Many hard-fought battles later, he was in the finals, facing off against his long-time rival. A long and heated battle took place, and he pulled through with the help of his trusty Charizard. Sometime later, he was seen facing off against the Champion of Kanto of that time. It was a close battle. Both were down to their last pokemon, but once again his Charizard pulled through." 

Diantha: "He was crowned the Champion of Kanto, but he wasn't satisfied with being the best in just Kanto, so he decided to go to other regions and challenge their leagues and Champions. Region after region he kept defeating every trainer that challenged him and soon people started calling him the undefeatable Champion. He kept challenging leagues and defeating the Champions, but never took their titles. After he defeated all the champions, he decided to help the professors in finding more about pokemon. So he set out to catch every pokemon in the Pokedex of Kanto. And he succeded."

Diantha: "One day, he was approached by the president of the Pokemon League, Mr. Goodshow. The president wanted to start a new league for trainers of his caliber, and asked to help him build the 'World League'. A lot of hard work later, the World League was set up with the Champions being the elites, known as 'World Elites' and him being their Champion, the first-ever World Champion...."

WHO IS THIS PERSON DIANTHA IS TALKING ABOUT? AND WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ASH AND SERENA? WILL SHE EVER BE ABLE TO REMEMBER HIM? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!!

(A/N: AAANNNNDDDDDD THAT'S IT FOR THIS CHAPTER!! SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE GUYS. I WAS REALLY BUSY BECAUSE OF ALL THE SCHOOL WORK AND FESTIVALS SO I WASN'T GETTING A LOT OF TIME TO WRITE. BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THAT. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER?! AGAIN SORRY FOR THE SMALL CHAPTER, I WAS INITIALLY PLANNING TO MAKE IT LONGER BUT BECAUSE OF SO MUCH WORK, I'M CUTTING IT RIGHT HERE. IF YOU LIKE IT TELL ME IN THE COMMENTS. AND DON'T FORGET TO

"SUPPORT AMOURSHIPPING TILL THE END!!"

-BYE)