REIGNITED HOPE AND A FORIEGN BATTLE

(A/N: YAY! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! AND NOW THAT I'M IN SUCH A GOOD MOOD AND TODAY'S A SPECIAL DAY, I'LL HAVE SOME MERCY ON ASHY-BOY AND MAKE HIM A BIT HAPPY! AND SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. THIS IS A REALLY LONG CHAPTER AND I DECIDED I WOULD PUBLISH IT ON A SPECIAL DAY BECAUSE IT MIGHT MOST LIKELY BE THE TURNING POINT IN ASH'S LIFE. AND THIS TIME FOR THE GOOD.)

It's been more than 12 hours since Ash had been locked up in a cell and he didn't have a hint of sleep. He was sitting in the same position the whole night: on the edge of the provided bed, elbows on his knees, and kept staring at his clasped hands with an emotionless face, rarely blinking the entire night.

The reason he couldn't sleep was, that as soon as he closed his eyes, flashback of the words that pierced his heart came into his mind. Pikachu opened it's eyes groggily as it woke up after a short amount of sleep last night as it was trying it's best to console the raven haired boy.

Pikachu: "Pika pi"  it said sadly, seeing it's trainer in the same state as last night and nudged Ash's side. The boy looked towards the mouse pokemon and could see the worry and sadness in it's eyes, so he put on a small fake smile and started petting his starter.

Ash: "I'm fine, buddy. Just a little tired" he replied in a low and tired voice, trying to assure his pokemon that he was alright. But Pikachu knew better and saw right through his lie. Why wouldn't it? They had been together ever since it could remember and knew when something was wrong with the other.

Ash: "Have you ever fallen in love, buddy?" Ash suddenly asked out of nowhere after a bit a silence. Pikachu was taken aback by this question but shook it's head as a no. 

Ash: "It's such a weird feeling, don't you think the same Pikachu?" but he was only met by a confused look from the pokemon, so he chuckled and continued, "You know, when mom died, I was thinking of committing suicide-" to which Pikachu's eyes widened in horror but it didn't say anything and let Ash continue, "what gave me hope? It was Serena. Remember the day I came back from the hill in a happy mood after such a long time since that incident? It was also because of her, and you already know why we moved to Kalos. My love for her gave me happiness and hope when I had nothing left, and now, all it's giving me is pain and sadness. How funny it is that the same thing can give you both happiness and sadness" he gave a dry chuckle and his eyes glistened with unreleased tears.

Officer Jenny, who was sitting on her table in the middle of the police station, heard everything and felt bad for the young boy. But then, a thought came into her mind, 'if he loves her so deeply and if what he said is true, then why would he do such a thing' 

But she couldn't think about it for long as an explosion happened and the side wall, opposite to Ash's cell broke and sent debris flying everywhere. A big piece of the wall was heading straight towards Jenny, but before it could hit her

Ash: "Pikachu use Thunderbolt on that piece of rock!!" Ash commanded his trusty pokemon who fired a strong bolt of electricity towards the big rock, destroying it just in time. Then he looked towards the smoke and dust cloud that was created because of the wall breaking.

When the smoke cleared, it revealed an angry looking Buzzwole standing there, with a hyper beam charged up, ready to fire. It then aimed the attack at the just released Growlithes and Arcanines of the police officers, instantly knocking them out before they even had a chance to register what was going on.

Jenny: "What is that thing?!" she shouted in disbelief of the power that single Hyper Beam had, which was able to knockout 4 pokemon at once. 

Ash: "That's and Ultra Beast! It is extremely powerful! Please open this officer and let me deal with it!" the teenager exclaimed, gripping onto the bars of his cell.