BATTLING: A REVIVED PASSION

There was a huge crowd gathered around a battlefield near Prism Tower in Lumiose city. Many people, young and old were there, watching and cheering for the two young trainers, or more like cheering one and booing the other, standing on the battlefield. 

On the right side of the referee was Kalos's most prestigious school's champion, Camel-I mean  Calem Xavier. He waved at the crowd who was cheering for him with a smug look on his face. He then turned to face his opponent with that annoying arrogant smirk of his and exclaimed,

Calem: "Look at his loser! See so many people are cheering me on! And no one is there to even wish you good luck!" he shouted over to Ash with his irritating voice, to which Ash just smiled.

Then suddenly out of nowhere, a young female voice was heard over the screaming crowd, cheering said 'loser' with all her might. It was his sister Leaf.

Ash: "I may not have a crowd behind me like you, but I have my little sister, and she's the only one that matters to me" he replied calmly, although Camel heard it and gritted his teeth in frustration as his trick was not working on Ash.

Referee: "This is a six on six battle between School Champion Calem Xavier and Loser Ass Ketchup!" the referee, who was Trip, announced, which caused the whole crowd, except Leaf and Serena to start laughing. Ash just shook his head and sighed. 

Trip: "There will be no substitutions and the battle will end once all three of a trainers pokemon are unable to battle, understood?!" he continued after the laughter died down, both trainers nodded, and the battle began, "Battle Begin!" 

Calem: "Come on out Chesnaught!!" he yelled, throwing a pokeball. A big and powerful looking grass type pokemon came out and roared.

Calem looked over at Ash to see him just smiling back at the black haired boy, not at all intimidated. He then glanced over at Leaf, who gave him a thumbs up, before turning his attention to Serena, and finally back to the battlefield. Ash closed his eyes and opened them again, with a new spark of excitement and determination, which no one in the school had seen, not even Leaf.

Sycamore: 'Looks like it isn't going to be a good day for Calem' the prof. thought, smiling. Having a flashback of the Kalos League final. Ash looked at Pikachu and nodded, the electric type nodded back and jumped into the battlefield at Ash's command.

Ash: "Pikachu! I choose you!" he exclaimed, full of excitement, determination and joy. The small rodent ran into the battlefield sparking it's cheeks, ready to battle.

Calem: "You're going to battle my third strongest pokemon with that little rat! How pathetic!" the arrogant trainer exclaimed, laughing hysterically, Chesnaught doing the same along with the rest of the crowd. Ash looked over at Pikachu and instantly felt sorry for the...grass type standing opposite to him. 

Ash: "That was a big mistake Calem" he said quietly. 

Calem: "Enough talking! Let's start the battle! Chesnaught! Hammer Arm!" 

Ash: "*sigh* Extreme Speed" he said, bored because of Calem's arrogant attitude, and the crowd was still chanting his name. 

The grass quill pokemon covered it's arm in a white aura and started running towards the yellow furred pokemon, with a surprisingly fast pace for such a big and heavy pokemon. Pikachu, as soon as it heard the command, shot off like a bullet, creating a shockwave and stirring up dust as it went towards the incoming Chesnaught. 

But before Chesnaught could even reach the middle of the battlefield, Pikachu slammed hard into it's gut and sent it flying back right past Calem and into the wall behind it's trainer, creating a big crater in it, rendering Chesnaught unable to battle.