RECOVERING

Oak: "But what if he doesn't survive? What if we were too late? What if........" he said panickily.

Lance: "Have faith in him professor. He has survived many disasters before. He will make it out alive." he said reassuring Oak.

Oak: "I hope so."

The light on the operation theatre turned off and Joy came out with a relieved look. Oak and Lance rushed to her and started asking questions about Ash.

Oak: "Nurse Joy! Is he ok?" he asked with a worried look to which Joy smiled and said.

Joy: "He is out of danger but his condition is still critical and he needs to stay here for some time. I am surprised he even survived with so many injuries and after losing so much blood." she said the first part happily but then turned serious.

Lance: "What is his current condition?" 

Joy: "He has a head injury, broken left arm, cracked ribs, a stab, and many other deep cuts." she said turning to Lance in the same serious tone. 

TIMESKIP 2 DAYS

Ash wakes up to find himself in an unfamiliar surrounding. His head was throbbing hard and he felt pain in all parts of his body. He couldn't remember what had happened and tried to sit up which only caused immense pain in his ribs and gut. He looked down and saw bandages wrapped around his right arm and his left arm was in a cast. Then he lifted his hospital gown and saw big bandages wrapping around his gut and his chest. 

The door to his room suddenly opened and Joy came in with a writing board and pen in hand. Joy smiled seeing him and he smiled back weakly. She rushed to his bed and helped him in a sitting position. Then she sat down on a chair near his bed and wrote something on the board.

Ash: "Nurse Joy, why am I here? And how did this happen?" he asked referring to his injuries.

Joy: "You don't remember?" she asked in confusion.

Ash: "No. All I remember is that I returned from Alola recently." he said innocently.

Joy nodded and asked him if he wanted to eat anything and when he said yes, she got up and left the room to get him something to eat and inform the professor that he woke up. Soon after she left, Oak arrived and instantly hugged Ash with tears in his eyes.

Oak: "Oh my boy, you are alright! I thought I lost you!" he exclaimed after he parted from the hug. When he saw the confused look on Ash's face he asked.

Oak: "What's wrong my boy?"

Ash: "Professor what are you talking about? And how did I end up like this?" he asked confused.

Oak: "What do you mean?" asked Oak bewildered.

Ash: "I just remember returning from Alola yesterday. Do you know what happened?"

Oak: "I don't know what happened but you were brought to my lab unconscious and badly injured by some weird-looking pokemo...." he was saying before he was cut off by Mewtwo teleporting in the room. It had a lot of bandages on its body.

Mewtwo: 'Who are you calling weird, old man?!' it exclaimed angrily via telepathy.

Ash: "Mewtwo?! What are you doing here? And what happened to you? he asked shocked. Mewtwo turned to Ash and lowered its head in shame and guilt.

Oak: "Ash, he was found with you, Delia and Giovanni in your house" as soon as Ash heard Giovanni, anger filled his body but before he could do anything, an immense headache started in his head. He groaned and held his head in pain and suddenly lost consciousness. Oak and Mewtwo got worried and immediately called Joy.

She came and quickly checked his vitals and everything seemed fine, so she came to the conclusion that he is just unconscious. She placed the tray of food on the table beside his bed and went out.

TIMESKIP 15 MINUTES

Ash woke up to a nightmare. It was all the things that happened with Giovanni from his base to Ash's house, except the dark aura part. He was sweating profusely and tears were rolling down his eyes. Oak saw this and quickly went over to him and hugged him. After a few minutes, Ash started to calm down but still had tears in his eyes and with a heavy heart, he asked Oak the dreaded question.

Ash: "Professor, i-is mom a-alive?" he asked with a shaky voice.

Oak didn't say anything but just looked away wiping his tears. Ash grabbed onto Oak's lab coat and with a pleading voice said.

Ash: "Please say s-she i-i-is." But the answer was the one he expected but didn't want. Oak shook his head side to side signifying the death of his only family. Ash broke down and cried on Oak's coat. After what felt like hours of crying, Ash fell asleep.

The next week for Ash was mostly staying in the hospital and crying to sleep. Having nightmares about that day every night and mourning the loss of his mother and most of his pokemon. While he was kept in his hospital room, his pokemon were discharged the fourth day but were strictly not allowed to do any strenuous work and absolutely no battling. And they were required to have a health check-up daily. 

Ash's pokemon that survived stayed with him in his room most of the time but would occasionally go with Oak to get some fresh air. His only pokemon left were: Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, Sceptile, Infernape, Garchomp, and Metagross. During his time in the hospital, he was visited by Brock, Gary who stayed with Oak the whole time after he came back from Sinnoh, so basically he was with Ash every day, all the professors, the Champions, and their Elites.

He was allowed to attend his mother's and pokemon's funeral on the condition that Joy would be with him the whole time he was out of the hospital. During the whole thing, he was with Gary crying on his best friend's shoulder. This incident affected him deeply. After this, he was quieter, less enthusiastic but not quite cold. 

One month after the incident, Ash was discharged from the pokemon center but was still advised to take things easy. No training, no battling, or any other sort of too much physical work. He was back to living in his mansion in Viridian City which was given to him when he became the Champion Of Alola. He would always go to a hill that overlooked the Viridian Forest.

Ash also caught Mewtwo, Latias, and Latios, who came to check on him after sensing disturbance in his aura. Solgaleo also returned to him once Kukui and Burnett were done with their research. But, things were never the same after that day.