37. The Truth

Things had been getting better, a week ago I met up with my old band and we talked and now we are back to hanging out. Obviously they know I don't want to start my career until everything starts to ease a little more. 

I had just gotten back from having lunch with my friends and Jon was sitting on the couch with a furious look on his face as he stared at the TV. I approached him slowly and when the TV was in sight, I could understand why he looked furious. 

Warren was doing an interview, he was smiling and laughing all normally and I could see from Jon's face that something had happened. I sit next to him which grabs his attention. When he sees me his features soften and his furious look then turns sweet. He smiles at me and brings me in close for a hug. I sigh with content and melt into the hug. 

"What happened?" I ask Jon softly. 

"The interviewer asked a question about you and Warrens situation and I don't know why but it infuriated me." He says stroking my hair. 

I nod slowly and look at the Tv. 

"Now, back to the subject of Y/N and you. What's going on?" The interviewer asks warren with laughter through his words.  

Warren sits for a moment and is about to speak, but the interviewer says something. 

"I think we all know that you have done something too." The interviewer remarks sitting up straight. 

"Well, I must admit this situation hasn't been fair on Y/N. I was... I was cheating on Y/N for months and then when we broke up I got married to the woman I had being seeing, Kathy, and she is now pregnant with my child. Y/N has done nothing wrong and the media has made her out to be the bad guy, but I wish people understood that she hasn't done anything wrong, this is my fault and not hers and if anyone blames her, they are way out of line." Warren says. 

The studio is quiet for a minute and the interviewer is stunned by Warrens words.

"Its clear that Jon makes her happy and I would appreciate it very much if they media lay off them." Warren then says. 

I turn to Jon and he turns to me at the exact same time. We slightly smile and then nod. All the stress, anxiety and everything that had been causing me harm or distress for weeks would now be gone. Warren told the truth and I must admit I hate him for cheating and not saying this sooner, but eventually he said it and I appreciate that. 

"Its weird, I feel like I'm dreaming. I time travelled to the 80s and look at what's happened in the space of about 3 years." I say to Jon. 

"You're right it is but I personally wouldn't have it any other way." He says. 

"Neither would I." I say. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." 
_________________________________________