Chapter 42

// Zero POV //

Zero: I was just kidding.

Arisa: You looked like you were very serious to me.

Zero: How can you be so sure?

Arisa: The way you are acting it's like you are used to doing this

My lips quiver slightly at Arisa's comment

Zero (thought): As I thought Arisa is very perceptive about this kind of thing.

I let out a sigh

Zero: I have to admit, I once asked 18 girls out at once, expecting a total rejection from all of them by some miracle, they all said yes, so when I asked Kasumi I was half-serious expecting her to reject me.

Arisa: ... Are you serious?

I gave them the full rundown on my relationship as I did with Roselia when they asked me the question which got me different reactions from the Poppi'pa members and made Kasumi blush.

Kasumi: Why me?

Zero: Why not? You're a cute girl, you're positive and full of life and a lot of other things too...

My compliments turn Kasumi red from head to toe and hide behind Arisa

Kasumi: Okay, okay, I get it, don't say anymore, it's embarrassing.

Zero: Oh sorry, my demonic side is acting up again.

Kasumi: Demonic side?

Zero: Yeah I'm part Incubus after all, so whenever I see a pretty girl I can't help but flirt with her.

The Poppin' Party members look at me funny.

Saya: Ahahah, that's a good joke Zero-san.

Without saying anything I step out from behind the counter taking off my apron then I tap the floor with the toe of my shoe, making a magic circle appear on the floor of the shop which created a barrier that repels people from entering the room, then I take off my glasses and let my horns, wings and tail be visible to them.

Not only are the girls shocked at what just happened but their faces turn red

Zero: You were saying, Saya?

I ask her with a smirk as I bring my face close to hers, Saya looks into my eyes and can't say a word because she is so overwhelmed by them then I whisper in her ear.

Zero (Lowered voice): I know you have fallen in love with me too, Saya, as I explained before it's your choice if you want to love someone like me if you refuse I will understand and we will always remain friends.

I step away from Saya keeping my smile as Tae comes to her senses.

Tae: Are those real wings?

Zero: Yep, you want to touch?

I tell her as I move my wings a little.

Tae nods and then starts touching my wings.

Tae: Wow, they're soft and smooth and the texture is comfortable to touch.

Kasumi and Rimi having emerged also come to touch my wings with curiosity except for Arisa and Saya who are on the sidelines

Arisa: How...

Zero: ...is it possible? It's simple, tell yourself that all the supernatural entities you've heard about all your life and the legends exist like Yokai, devils, angels, dragons and so on.

Rimi: Heh?! Do they exist?

Zero: Sure, just wait a moment I'll show you

I take a box out of my pocket