Chapter 49 : I'm death and I'm out of mercy

After leaving Shidou and Tohka I walk to our classroom and sit in my seat. Sawa looks at me.

Sawa: Where have you been?

Zero: The roof, I needed to be in a quiet place to work on my music.

Sawa: I have never heard you could do music or hear you sing, why?

Zero: I haven't had time to do that since I got here, but I can play you some of my sounds if you insist.

Sawa: You seem to be confident.

Zero: I'd rather let you judge for yourself.

During the rest of the day, Shidou tried to get to know me better and we became friends since we had a lot in common like cooking.

On the way home I made a diversion to do some shopping for dinner when the smell of blood reached my nose.

Zero: Blood in a residential street?

I followed the smell to arrive before a bloody alley. I took out a police armband, put it on my arm and a pair of white gloves, take an earpiece put it in my ear then press a button on my watch.

Watch: ISAC activates the Echo system around this area.

ISAC: Right away, sir.

ISAC (Intelligent System Analytic Computer) is a highly advanced artificial intelligence (AI) entity available to all my agents equipped with a HighTech transceiver. Accessible via a Multiverse Network, ISAC serves as the critical backbone of my operative activities.

Holographic images appear around me, the first to appear was a group of men assaulting a girl the scene continues to play out when the next moment the men are dismembered by something that looks like hands sticking out of the ground before disappearing. As for the girl she disappeared into the shadows immediately.

Zero: Dismemberment as modus operandis and Reiryoku residue in the air. Yep, looks like Nightmare is in town.

I snap my fingers and white flames with golden outlines burn away any trace of the crime scene. I take off my gloves and throw them into the flames then they die out.

Suddenly, my senses feel an imminent attack coming at me that I dodge without too much difficulty.

???: How did he dodge?

My attacker is Mana Takamiya in her CR-unit also known as Combat Realize unit

Zero: Do you see that if it wasn't the second lieutenant of AST Mana Takamiya

Mana: How do you know about me?

Zero: I know a lot of things about you, Adeptus 2

Mana: Murakumo style... where did he go?

Mana who was about to attack lost sight of me, only for me to reappear behind her with my hands in my pockets.

Zero: Don't be so eager to kill me, Spirit Slayer, the show hasn't started yet.

Mana: Who are you Zero Akatsuki? What is your goal?

Zero: It seems Origami told you about me.

I say as I look up and see some AST members standing around in the air and among them is Tobichi Origami who I say hello to. I knew that Origami was eardrops at us when Shidou and I were talking on the roof this morning.

The latter looks shocked that I noticed her

Zero: To answer your question my goal is to destroy Isaac Westcott and what he created.

Mana turns to me with a surprised look on her face

Mana: Are you mad, this man is untouchable?

Zero: It's not an impossible task if I have the right allies, of course. Tell me Mana how about you join me?