Chapter 23: A Demon in the Underworld

// 3rd year classroom //

All of a sudden the 2 heiresses and their 2 queens also feel the cold wave and only know one person capable of producing this kind of pressure.

Sona: That idiot what's he doing?

Tsubaki: This pressure is more sinister than last time, something must have happened to him.

Rias: We should see what's going on.

The 4 girls nod their heads and leave their classrooms and arrive on the 2nd year's floors, they notice the girls in Zero's group discussing the source of the cold, heading there as well.

Himari: What do you mean Lu-san, Zero is pissed off.

Lu: You should know that Zero and I have a very special bond, sharing our soul, making him my only Partenaire and servant. If we were to follow the evil piece pattern, he would be all pieces at once, making him an all-rounder.

Rias/Sona (thought): What?

Mio: Wait a minute, does this mean that Zero has the capabilities of an entire peerage all by himself?

Lu: Yes Zero is getting more powerful every day but that power comes at a cost of course.

Miyuki: What cost?

Lu: The dark side of his being is becoming more and more apparent day by day especially since that accident but he can channel it and keep it in balance. But sometimes when he's angry or upset some of that darkness surfaces I think you saw what happened last time didn't you Miyuki, Mio, Sakuya.

Mio: It's true that when Zero saved Miyuki, Maria and I from that stray devil he was angry with him to the point of cruelty.

Miyuki: At one time Zero was someone who liked to help people but after a certain accident that was the beginning of decent hell for him, so I think seeing me get hurt was the trigger.

Lu: That's why I allow him to have a harem of girls that he loves and who also love him back for who he is so that it can also serve as a chain to keep him in a stable mental state. but I never thought the number of girls around him would grow this fast.

Sona: I'd like to hear more about that, Luciela.

Said Sona, making their presence known to Zero's group.

Lu: Are you sure you want to know more?

Says Lu with a scary smile, that makes the four devils tremble with fear.

// Zero POV //

As the boys turn to leave when they feel the air around them get chilly...

Boy 3: Why is it cold all of a sudden?

Zero: Wait a moment.

Boy 1: What?

The boys turn around to see me get up off the floor, then start stretching my joints.

Zero: Normally I wouldn't have taken to heart your attempt to intimidate me, the fact that you dared to destroy the bento made with love by my Sakuya is borderline but the last remark you made I can't let it pass.

Boy 2: What can you do against us, we outnumber you?

Zero: I've fought against people more numerous and stronger than you before.

I say with a mocking tone

Boy 4: Stop laughing at us, or we're gonna kill you, you little punk.

When I hear what the first-year said, I stop laughing and get serious. That's when the girls arrive to see a group of guys around me, Sona is getting ready to stop them when I start talking.