Chapter 8 : Vanilla?

"The moon tonight is beautiful.
Isn't it?"

[It means 'I love you'] 

We played a few games and Jungkook won a lot of gifts. More like they were forced to give him the prizes because of him being extra.

Finishing that we decided to eat some ice-cream. We excitedly approached the ice-cream stall but frowned instantly when we saw a long line of people.

Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "What are they standing here for?"

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "This is a line Jungkook. They are here for ice-cream. Let's stand in the line."

"So you mean me, The Jeon Jungkook will stand in the line behind the locals for a mere ice cream?" Jungkook scoffed. "No way."

He pushed a few people to step aside but was pushed back by a well-build man. The man glared at Jungkook causing him take a few steps back instantly. "Stand on the line kid." The man spat out.

"Listen here you you disrespectful prick, the line starts where I stand." Jungkook cockyly said and shot daggers at the man while the man eyed us weirdly.

I mentally face palmed myself. Grabbing the back of his collar , I pulled him behind and apologized to the man.

"How dare he? He pushed me!! Y/n, he fucking pushed me!!! And then he eyed me crazily. Who the fuck he think he is?!?!?" Jungkook whined.

"Jk, this isn't the royal palace. You need to stand in line to get an ice cream. they came first so they'll get it first. Now shut up and stop whining"

After a while it was finally our turn. We were about to order but suddenly a kid shoved his own body to me and Jungkook pushing us away breaking the   long line of customers.

I was about to fall but Jungkook held my shoulder and straightened me back. "Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Hey you insolent kid, Stand in the line." Jungkook shouted at the kid. The kid looked up to us and suddenly his face scrunched.

Oh no no... don't cry.

and he started to cry loudly.

"Shit Jungkook!!! Do you want people to beat us for bullying a small kid???" I nudged him with my shoulder causing Jungkook to look away.

With a smile plastered on my face I looked at the kid. "Shush... Don't cry." I hugged him lightly.

"You know, these people are standing in the line for a long time, so are we." I pointed behind us and then us.

"So it's bad manners to break the line. You can stand in front of us but remember to not break it again. ok?" A tear  rolled down the kid's cheek as he pouted yet nodded. I wiped his cheeks and flashed him a smile and he grinned back.

I felt someone poking me from behind and looked over my shoulder to see Jungkook with a frown. "What is it?" I asked.

"You let him break the line? That's not fair Y/n!!" Jungkook whined pointing at the kid.

"Jungkook!!! He's a kid!!! Don't compare yourself to him!!!"

Jungkook darted his eyes towards the kid and the small lad pushed his tongue out to jungkook mockingly. Jungkook was alerted and he gritted his teeth.

"Butterscotch for me." Jungkook said.

"Ok, Vanilla for me." I said.

"Noona, I want vanilla too." The kid said smilling sheepishly.