Chapter 23 : That sly Bastard

"If we never tried, how will we know
Baby how far this thing could do?
Give me a sign, if I'm on your mind
I don't wanna fall in love alone"

Your POV

It's been a few hours since I woke up and all I see are Doctors going in and out of my room and Jungkook constantly yelling at someone.

Looking at my parents, I sign them to take him out of the room. I think I'm going to faint again from his anxiety seeping down to me. No no. Enough fainting for today.

I tug on jungkook's shirt and he leans down to me to listen better probably, "Is there something you want?" Worry written all over his face.

Yes, you out of my room.

Seeing my mom's death glare, I refrain. Instead I say, "I'm fine, you don't need to worry."

His eyes slightly widens and the frown vanishes. Turning to look away from me, I finally realize, his ears have turned red. How cold is he? My parents excuse us and take their exit from the room.

The door throws open and I flinch from the impact. Ashley runs towards to me, wrapping her arms around me like a burrito.

"I was so worried!" She sobs.

"I know. I'm sorry for worrying you." I say patting her back.

She hugs me tightly and I start to suffocate. The pats turn to slaps on her back yet she keeps laching onto me. Michi quickly pulls Ashley away from and gives me a small hug while my other friend wipes her cheek. I smile. Such a crybaby.

"Y/n!" Taehyung and Jimin both of them jump to hug me. I chuckle at their tactics hugging them back.

Jungkook clears his threat and pulls away the boys from me, "she needs rest, all of you. Out!"

"In that case, you should get out too Kook!" Taehyung tries.

Jungkook gives him a spine chilling grin. That doesn't look like a nice kind of smile. "I'm staying."

Everyone gives him a look, "Then we're staying too."

I smile at my friends. "It's fine. I've rested a lot. Now I just want to spend some time with you all."

Jungkook looks at me, as if getting ready for another session of disapprovel. I ignore him. Just then he gets a call. Namjoon.

He picks it up, "Hello?" He talks looking at me. "Yeah she looks well. Yeah." Then he suddenly frowns, "Right now?But- " A moment of silence. "Ok I'll be there." Then he cuts the call.

All of us look up at him in question.

He turns to me, "Namjoon needs me for something. I'll be back. Till then be well and call me if you need anything." He leaves a peck on my forehead so casually as if we've done this before. I freeze. He realizes it too and gets flustered but easily regains composure. That sly bastard.

He bids farewell to everyone. Giving me a lingering look, he takes his leave, leaving me to answer all these questioning gazes of our friends.

I clear my throat, "Can I have some water."

Jimin gives me a sly grin, "Of course. I'll bring some water, In return you're gonna spill some tea!" I choke. I saw this coming.

I tell them about everything and how Jungkook and I've been living together in this house.