Chapter 29 : The imperial Dinner

Your POV

Jungkook has been acting questionble these days. He has put a restraint on his tounge. Everytime I remark a snark against him, his face says neutral and in return he laughs or gives me a smile.

I'm concerned.

Is he okay?

Am I going to be a widow even before I die?

A while ago, he said he wants to take me out on a dinner. An imperial dinner on top of that. Is he planning on an assassination as an excuse of taking me out on a dinner??

My eyes widen. This can't be!

I hear a knock on my door.

Grabbing the nearest vase in my head I stand up. Huh bring it your royal highness.

The door to my room opens, and Jungkook stands there all to his glory, my eyes go to the men standing next to him.

The men steps forward and bows down to me curtly, "I greet the moon of the kingdom, your highness the crown princess."

The vase from my hands drop. I gasp. He knows!

As if realizing my suspicion, he gives me a grin, "The name is Velentino Kaisen." Putting a hand on his chest, he introduces himself.

He's wearing a purple suit, with black cuffs, right below sits a tiger printed leather watch, shoes made from a unique leather, a colorful shoe indeed. His deep blond hair is styled in a small ponytail.

I scrunch my face, his attire is concerning me.

Jungkook clears his throat. You're still here?

"So Val here will prepare you for the night." Jungkook mutters.

I raise an eyebrow, "for what?"

Velentino Kaisen chimes in, "Of course for the imperial dinner, your highness!" He enthusiasticlly claps his hands. Then looks at Jungkook and gives him a look. Jungkook nods at him and gets out of the room.

Velentino turns towards me, his eyes asses me up and down as he taps his forefinger on his chin.

"Girls!" He calls out and suddenly a bunch of maids dash into the seat. They push me down to the couch, right next to me sits Velentino.

"So your highness, you'll be introduced as the crown princess in tonight's imperial dinner."

Huh???

"His highness the crown prince Jungkook has asked me to let you know everything that needs to be known. No mistake will be accepted when you stand in front of the royal members." He preaches.

"At first let's practice your fasial expressions."

I glare at him, "What's wrong with my fasial expressions."

He lets out a 'tch' like sound and says "Everything." I flinch. "Now you need to always smile when you're in the dinner. Otherwise the royal members are going to judge you. Right now there are two popular smiles in this kingdom."

I nod, my eyes eyeing the plate of desserts. As if noticing, he waves his hand elegantly over the plate of desserts and the maids take away the plate from the table, away from me. I frown.

"First off," He gives me a smile that is slightly crooked, eyes disappearing because of the partial, forced smile. "This is the 'crown Prince Jeon Jungkook' smile. It means 'i don't understand the bullshit that is coming out of your mouth'.

I snort softly. He glares at me, "Ladies don't snort like that!" I sit up straight back.

"But since his highness the crown prince already uses it, we'll let this one be. " he said causing me to nod.

"The next is 'Vivian Alizabeth Bennet' smile."

"Vivian Alizabeth Bennet?" I ask

He nods and mutters, "Yes that sly disposable wench'

"Huh sly what-"

"Darling, don't fret the details." He states.

"Ok." I pout.

"And now this one, will start from you. I'd like to call it 'the moon's smile'.
Watch carefully and repeat after me."

He gives me a smile that seems quite difficult to mimic. One of his eyes slightly pinched, a crook smile, a bit of teeth showing. His cheeks must hurt!

I try to copy it, his shakes his head. "No no you can't wiggle your lips like that. You look like someone who has potassium deficiency."

Potassium deficiency!?

He rubs his temple and then folds his hands together. "Ok so imagine there's someone who wants to steal his highness the crown prince from you. What kind of smile would you give them?"

My face automatically scrunches without my permission and a scoff looking smile slips my lips.

His eyes beam with tears of happiness, "Yes, exactly that! Maintain that smile the whole night!"

* * * * * * *

I feel like I'm over dressed for the night. It's a navy blue dress that reaches my foot, the corset sits rightly over my waist. Wind hitting my shoulder because of the off shoulder top. Lillies (national flower of the kingdom of Korea) embroidered on the gown. A necklace elegantly takes it place on my neck, a small moon shaped stone right in the middle, and diamond eartops on my ears. The 3 inch floral print heels adds magnificence to the dress.

"Shall we?" Jungkook forwards his hand.

I nod taking the offered hand.

To be continued

The moon of the kingdom : Yes this was an actual term during the old days. The sons(usually the crown prince) of the direct decedents of the imperial family used to be called the "sun" of the empire. And the daughters or the crown prince's betrothed used to be called the "moon" of the empire.

On that note, Velentino Kaisen named your smile as "the moon's smile"