Chapter 24 : Let me protect what's mine

"Thank you for taking my hand
in yours,
From now on,
All your problems are mine."

Jungkook's POV

I eye the handcuffs around the boy sitting in front of me. He seems younger than me. A buzz cut, his fingers slightly bruised, a scar on his cheek.

The procetcutor taps on the boy's shoulder trying to wake him up from his slumber. He doesn't. He tries again. Still no response.

My legs uncross as i stand up to grab the bottle full of water. I swiftly open the cap and splash the liquid all over his space.

Jaekyung flinches from the cold and opens his eyes wide about to attack whoever pulled the stunt. His arms stop struggling almost immediately as he realizes I'm there.

"Jungkook." He beams at me. "Are you here to take me?"

I scoff and walk away from his space to sit on my own chair.

He quickly wipes the water off his face with his own t-shirt and sits down. The procetcutor sits down beside me.

"Mr. Manoban, please proceed." I say.

Jaekyung looks at me and then at the procetcutor. His looks could betray anyone. He looks like someone who has no clue as to what's going on around him and why he's here.

"Mr. Lee, I need you to answer everything I ask you. Please cooperate."

Jaekyung gulps nodding.

Mr. Manoban asks questions as to why he did what he did and he responds everything exactly the way he did before to me.

After Mr. Manoban is done with him, he ushers me to the side, "Lee Jaekyung is only 16. We can't throw him behind the bars since he's still a minor. But we can surely put him into a juvenile until the court or the royal family pardons him. After that we can put a restraint order. How does that sound your highness?"

His words settle into me as I nod. My attention goes to the boy that has his head hung down. I stride towards him and grab him by his neck with a harsh force.

"Your highness-" Procetcutor Manoban tries to stop me but I don't budge.

"Listen here you little moron, be glad that I'm letting you off easily. If I ever as much as see you near me or my people, I'll kill you myself. Am I clear?" My hands start pushing pressure on his neck and he starts coughing.

"Your highness please calm down." The prosecutor tries again.

I let go off him and he backs away from me coughing loudly. "I asked am I clear?" I lower my tone so much, I suspect only him and I could hear it. He quickly nods.

Your pov

I flinch away from the burning hot pot. My fingers burn as I dip them in cold water. Jungkook strides to me, it only takes him two seconds to come to me with support of his long legs that I'm jealous of.

He snatches my hand into his own, "I told you to be careful! Where is your mind when you're working? From now on, don't come to the kitchen anymore!" He grabs a few anticeptics and patches my small wound up.

I pout, "I wanted to have hot pot."

"You could've told me!" He rebukes.

"I'm not an imbecile, I can do my own work." I argue.

"Yeah, look how that turned out!" He glares.

It's been quite peaceful since the whole kidnapping fiasco. Security around me has increased and my fiance keeps looking for excuses to hover around me.

"Y/n, Do you need something?"

"Where are you going? Do you want me to tag along?"

"Wait I'll help you with that!"

"I'll drop you."

"No you're not going alone."

For the past week, he refused to leave my side. If I had known that this would happen, I would've been extra careful not to get kidnapped. At this rate, I'm afraid he might wanna join in the bathroom too.

I let out a sigh. The one that would prequip his attention. He looks alarmed and rushes towards me, "Are you fine! Why are you sighing?" He grabs my face inspecting it.

I frown and shove his hands away, "You're being extra irritable these days."

An offended expression takes over his face, "it's better than you getting kidnapped again!"

"I have one of the highest security team in SK right now, what could possibly go wrong!"

His face hardens, exhaling a breath he rubs his temple. "I just want you to be safe! Everyone was so scared when they weren't able to contact you. You weren't responding to messages, you weren't picking up calls. Your parents- your mom might not have reacted that much in front you, but she was sobbing and begging me to bring you back when they couldn't reach you! Do you have any idea how concerned everyone was?!"

I look at him stunned at his outburst. His face then softens as he wraps his arm around me and the other comes closer closer to my face, his thumb rubbing over my cheek, our foreheads touching.

"Do you have any idea how horrified I was when you weren't in the car?" He closes his eyes as if taking my scent in. Holy shit.

The air gets intoxicated with his Cologne. I feel dizzy. I want to close my eyes and fall asleep on his arms. It feels so comfy.

My body automatically moves closer to him, my arms wrap around his neck. His breath hitches as he opens his doe eyes looking at me. Oh how fascinated I was with those eyes when I first saw them.

"You can relax now, you know. I'm well and beside you." I whisper.

He smiles and nods, "Well and beside me." I smile back at him.

Something shifts in the air. His smile drops as well as mine. His eyes closes and I mimic him. Arms get tighter around me as if trying to hold me closer than I already was if that's even possible. The tips of our noses touch each other and all hell seems to break loose.

He grabs the back of my head and attaches his lips to mine. His lips slowly move over mine. I start moving mine over his. His upper lip sucks on my lower lips, our tounges meeting.  We copy that for a well and then disattach to take a breath.

Our chests go up and down. He uses his thumb to tap my swollen lips, "Let me protect you. Let me protect what's mine." He whispers.

I gulp at his actions. Was he always this tempting?

I'm not sure if the heartbeat that I'm hearing so loud is his or mine. Maybe both.

Ahhhhh they kissed!!!!

My babiessssss!!!

I felt like I was not supposed to write this. It felt so awkward and illegal lol.

Btw someone's confession is very near. Are y'all ready for it?