Being Altruistic (Part 6)

It had been about a week since the fiasco with poison Ivy. At the moment I was studying in my room. Paging through the book, reading it over and over again.

The language written in the book was clearly human and something else. It was a mixture of Latin, Biblical Hebrew, Coptic and Sumerian, along with many others. Unfortunately, I wasn't familiar with them personally, so I had to look up the languages and engage in the language.

Finding old books where ever I would have been impossible a few decades back. Thankfully the internet is a lovely place to go buy old books. But, unfortunately, no one could speak the language. They've been dead for a few millennia. I chuckled as I remembered ancient Athens, walking the docks as a beggar. Noticing the languages they spoke, I wish I spoke a bit more dialects back then.

Zatanna: "How far have you gotten?"

I glanced back at Zatanna. She was surprised when I said I could read it. More importantly, I had noticed her draw to the item. She was, by all standards. The best magician/wizard in this world, able to cast magnificent spells. It made sense... That she was curious.

Y/N: "It's going as well as expected. The other tomes are... Helping. Honestly, I only know of the back pages."

Zatanna: "Why is that?"

Turning the book over, I revealed the pages. They were all written in the dragon's tongue. Allowing me to read it. The spells were essential in teaching me the foundations. I caught Zatanna off guard when part of the house was lit. Thankfully she was nearby to kill it.

Y/N: "Dragon's Tongue... It's an old language that I learned while I was training. Ironically it's the exact same dialect."

Zatanna: "What's the need for the books?"

Looking to Zatanna, noticing her curious and humbling face. I lifted the tome and spoke.

Y/N: "Dragon Tongue... The most dangerous and destructive magic available. But it is rudimentary, basic even. There was no need for them to improve spells due to their size and mass, meaning they didn't go past the basic spells."

Zatanna: "Well, that's a bust."

Y/N: "Not entirely. See, part of the book, which was written in Latin, does mention someone changing it. For example, allowing the spells to be more useful and complex. But that part in Latin has dissolved, and there's no way of restoring it."

Zatanna: "Oh... Could you at least do a basic spell?"

Raising three fingers to signify the claw of the dragon, I move them up and down, creating a spell, and its statement, then take a deep breath.

Y/N: "Sa dan."

A giant ball of light erupted into the room; Zatanna brought up her hands, expecting the spell to break or explode, maybe even take part of the room with it. Instead, it hovered in the air and sparkled a brilliant light.

Zatanna: "It's a night light?"

Y/N: "Yes, apparently it was stated to help their frightened kin."

Moving my fingers up and down, I changed the light to be an arrow. Zatanna looked at me in confusion.

Zatanna: "That's a great understanding and control of new spell... Could you teach me some dragon magic?"

With a nod, I took Zatanna outside and brought out a sword using it as a writing instrument, spelling the basics of the Thu'um. Known as Unrelenting Force on the grass, and turn to her.

Y/N: "So basically this word means... Fus, there are three words of power. This is the first word, meaning Force. That shout is simple, able to push back your foes. However, when you use the final word, it becomes a dangerous attack."