Chapter 2

I stood in the garden outside of the manor, to the untrained eye. I was walking through the garden, admiring the flowers and decorations that have been repaired, thanks to the tireless work of my ground staff.

However, I was talking to Leo and this little spell he mentioned before.

Leo: "So what do you think?"

I shrugged my shoulders, a bit perplexed by what Leo just told me.

Y/N: 'How have I only learned of this spell now!? I mean it's so-'

Leo: "Amazing? Powerful? I've heard that more than once when I explained it was possible."

Y/N: 'Still, how does no one know of this spell?'

Leo: "Simple... Because it does not exist. This spell is of an ultimate kind. Or as your people say. A hack... I think?"

I simply chuckled and nodded along, even to this day and age. I'm still the student with Leo.

Y/N: "Correct. So how does the spell work per se?'

Leo: "Let me show you."

At that second I'm summoned into Leo's plane of existence. It wasn't hard to find Leo, he was still resting on the mountainside like before, overlooking his kingdom.

Leo: "Lets us begin with the most important part of this spell, there is a reason this spell is not made for combat or general use."

Leo holds out his right claw and I watch him pour out a small sum of magic into his hand. Creating something of an afterimage. Then it finally lands in front of me. I could finally notice the features and scales of the figure. This was a replica of Leo

Leo: "As you can see, the clone has been made with little to no effort."

The clone turns to me and nods. But had shrunk down to my size, standing on his hind legs. Appearing taller than me and crossing his arms, as he stares at me.

Clone: "But there is a problem."

Then I noticed it, those features have become something of a blur. Then his magical energy seemed to vanish out of sight. Disappearing into the distance.

Leo: "The problem with magic or making this clone in general. Is, although you may have an image in the mind of your body and such. Magic itself must still go back into the earth. After all, magic is in everything. No matter how small or big it is. It must return to the earth, in simple terms, you've made the husk of the clone, not the spirit... This was the question, I asked myself and how could I incorporate this spell. So it may become stronger?"

Before I can ask. Leo slams his hand into the mountainside. He brings his hand close to my face and I find a small amount of blood, dripping from his talon. He repeats the spell a second time.

I know the clone doesn't have a long before it disappears again. It was an exact copy. But I could still feel the energy it held radiating and staying strong. Even past the 15-second mark where the previous one failed.

Y/N: "What is going on... Why are you radiating this strength when your other lacked this- Wait a minute? The blood is the soul."

The clone nods and slowly starts walking around me, taking on the state of a teacher teaching the ignorant.

Clone: "With the body and a small sacrifice of blood, I am maintained. My form, for however long it may last. The sacrifice was enough and dependent on the sacrifice of blood it can and will be maintained for longer."