stabbed // 6

A/N: Literally nobody reads these, brb crying.

Peter had been in love with you since you'd come up in the Box, but merely a month after you arrived in the Glade it became known you and Newt were together. It broke his heart, but he never said a thing.

The Gladers were gathered around a pit full of rising flames. You were snuggled in Newt's lap, half asleep, and he stroked your hair, his face alight with a wide grin as he talked to one of his friends. Nobody noticed Peter approach in the shifting darkness, and nobody noticed the stolen knife he was wielding.

As he stalked towards where you were laying, strange memories flashing before his eyes, he didn't even reconsider what he was about to fo. Every single bit of humanity he had inside him shifted into a blind rage that could not be quelled by logic. Newt looked up as he neared, and the smile immediately dropped from his face

"Peter? What are you-" with a cry Peter arched the blade above his head, and drove it down into your body. The laughter stopped, and boys were running up to hold Peter back as he screamed non-descript things. Your body was dragged through consciousness as pain exploded behind your eyes and melted down your skin.

Newt cradled you to his chest, your blood spreading across his shirt and neck. He was whispering your name desperately as everyone around him fell into chaos. Jeff was drunk out of his mind, and Clint has passed out from exhaustion hours earlier, so people were running around trying to figure out what to do.

"Newt... why are you covered in blood?" you said weakly, the concern in your voice breaking Newt's heart. You couldn't piece together what had just happened, no matter how hard your hazy mind would allow. He laughed sadly, tears falling from his lashes onto your bloodstained shirt.

"It's okay, love, it isn't mine" was all he could say, before his calmness cracked, and he started to cry even more. You reached a small hand up and cupped his face.

"Don't cry" you hated to see him sad, even when you didn't know the cause. He pulled your hand to his mouth and pressed light kisses against your knuckles, but you could barely feel them. You could barely feel anything.

"God, Y/N, I love you so much" you stared up at him, your vision swimming in and out. You felt an invisible hand wrap around your throat, and soon after your were choked into an everlasting black.

I love you too.

~

The first thing you became aware of was the pounding in your head. It was a dull pain that pulled you out of your dreams, and into a small bed in the Med-Jack's hut. You tried to shift over a bit, but a sharp pain ricocheted across your nerves, making you groan ever so slightly.

Almost immediately a pair of warm brown eyes appeared in front of yours, gazing down at you with deep intensity. "Y/N? Are you awake?" Newt asked lightly, running a thumb across the length of your cheekbone.

You blinked "yeah" your voice came out in a soft rasp. You couldn't recall what had happened, only that it had been horrible.

"I was so worried" his eyes flooded with sadness, and you wanted to reach out a hand and stroke his golden hair, comfort him in any way that you could.

"What happened?" it was such a silly question, but your insides felt like molten lava and the memories in your head came in sporadic bursts. You only remembered an instantaneous pain that had overcome your entire body, and everything slipping into an even deeper shade of grey.

He was silent for a moment "we... we were at the bonfire, and everything was fine, people were joking around, having a good time. Then, Peter came from the woods--he had been stung, but nobody realized it--clutching a knife. I didn't see him, nobody did, not until he plunged it into your stomach," he paused, his eyes distant as he recalled the memory "you were bleeding so much, but there was nothing I could do. Someone ran to find Clint, but by the time they'd finally gotten him out of bed you'd lost so much blood, I was terrified you wouldn't make it. You were... you were so close to dying Y/N."

Every single piece fit together. Every fragment of the story made perfect sense. You could hear screaming from somewhere in the Glade, and your head jerked to the side, causing Newt's brows to knit together in worry "what's wrong, love?"

You licked your dry lips "there's screaming. Who's screaming?" even though you were sure you already knew the answer

"Peter."

You tried to make out Peter's words, but you couldn't manage it. He was too far away. But it sounded as if someone had torn his mind apart, because the sounds being ripped from his throat were inhuman wails that cracked down the middle like a crumbling wall.

"He's being banished tonight" you closed your eyes, sadness settling inside your heart. You didn't want him to be banished, knew he was just sick. But he was dangerous, and when it came down to it, they couldn't risk anymore lives. "But darling, you don't need to worry about that. You just need to sleep, build your strength back up."

You smiled at him softly "I will" and you pushed yourself up, sending a shot of pain through your gut, but you ignored it as you pressed your lips against Newt's, taking him by surprise. The kiss was sweet, but short lasting as you lay back down, your energy spent.

"Now you. Go to sleep" there was a smile in his voice as he pulled the linen covers up to your chin.

"Don't leave me, okay?" your eyes were getting heavier and heavier, but you didn't want to be alone when you floated away to dreamland.

"I would never leave you," he pressed a kiss to your forehead as you slowly fell back asleep.

A/N: Dramatic ones are fun, but so are semi-cute ones so I dunno. I'm not super into writing super goopy things, because reality is not like that, but I'll do my best once in a while. I'm growing restless and sad. I have 500 views, but no votes or comments. AM I DOING SOMETHING TERRIBLY WRONG OR NAH? BECAUSE I JUST WANT PEOPLE WITH WHO I CAN SHARE MY LOVE OF NEWT AND TMR WITH