he's gone // 19

A/N: hey guys, as per usual this is sad ad spoilery. Be cautious, and don't blame me for your unhappiness: blame Dashner (always blame Dashner)

Sometimes at night I feel his fingertips running across my skin, his lips making promises on my own. But by the time my eyes flutter open and I call out his name, he's gone.

Dissolved back into that one unforgettable memory that will torment me for the rest my life. I can still hear the echoing boom as Thomas pulled the trigger, his voice as he begged for his life to end, his eyes clear for the last moment.

Please Tommy, please.

I can still see his body falling to the ground.

I wish he would come back to me, but I know it isn't possible. Nothing will ever go back to how it was, not the simplicity of a world in ignorance. Sleep is not my friend, not tonight; not any night. It only pushes me that much closer the edge.

I try to hide my despair, but it seeps through the cracks in my smile, the fractures in my laughter. I know my friends can see, but they never say anything. They know acknowledging it will only hurt more. Better to ignore what is so blatantly unignoreable, than accept the horrid truth.

Newt is never coming back.

And neither am I.

A/N: yeah that was some random bullshit poem I found in my notes about newt, so I thought I'd post it and pretend it was a real update because I'm too much of a loser to actually write something.. Hi guys! Long time no see.

I hope you're all doing well. Happy New Years! One of my resolutions is to get more writing done, so I'm hoping to update soon. Sorry about that unofficial hiatus: didn't see that one coming. I just have  no mental energy to be productive. What do they call that? Oh yeah. Procrastination.

Thanks for reading babes (and for all the lovely comments. They are very appreciated, and always brighten my day / night <3 )