jealous // 18

A/N: AGhgrhgh sorry I haven't been updating. IM SO USELESS. Hope you like dis. Also I will (I SWEAR) be writing the next parts the Pity Party imagine soon. Seriousllllyyy. I mean it.

"Hey Y/N! What are you working on?" Gally came to stand right beside you, his shoulder pressed to yours as he glanced at the work you were doing. He was the Keeper of the Builders, so it was his job to supervise what all the other Builders were doing.

"Just trying to fix this shuck window. Minho got drunk and cartwheeled into it."

"Again?" he asked.

"Unfortunately, yes." You let out an exasperated sigh, getting back to hammering the wood back together.

Gally shook his head and leaned in closer so that you could feel his breath against the back of your ear. "You're holding the hammer all wrong," his hand slid down to rest on top of yours. "Here, you have to hold it like this. It's easier on your wrists."

You tried again with Gally's assistance, and it was much easier. You smiled, turning to face him. "Thanks Gally," you pulled your hand from his grasp.

He winked at you "Anytime," and then he was gone.

You went back to work when you heard some footsteps heading towards you. You turned to see your boyfriend Newt approaching. Shuck, you weren't gonna get any work done if people kept coming up and distracting you like this. Especially him.

As soon as he approached you spoke "Look, Newt, I'm sorry but I really have to get this done." He gave a small frown, then turned to walk away. "Wait," you grabbed his wrist, holding him back. "I'll come find you after I'm done, okay?" he nodded before leaving.

~

Your hands were sore from fixing the window, but you were pleased with the end project. You made a mental note to remind Minho not to do drunk gymnastics. Your knees were covered in dirt, and your hair was full of sweat. You decided you would go take a shower before doing anything else. Not only did you feel disgusting, but showers always cleared your head, and lately your thoughts had been feeling very messy and undecipherable.

You banged on the door a few times to make sure it was empty before entering. You had the whole place to yourself, so you decided to take your time. You hadn't showered in a while, and the hot water felt blissful against your skin. Everything sort of pooled out of your mind, and you hummed some unnamed song under your breath as you lathered yourself with soap.

Once you'd dried off and put your clothes back on, you went in search of Newt. Sometimes it was harder to find people in the Glade then it should have been. It wasn't very big, and generally everyone had assigned tasks that they just stuck to. But Newt's job was always shifting. Either he was in the gardens, or doing something for Alby. He was what kept everyone together around here, so there were no lack of things people needed him to help with.

Finally, you found him in the Homestead, talking with Frypan about the next delivery of livestock, or something along those lines. You tapped his shoulder lightly, and his gaze turned to yours. "I finished up, so if you're not busy... sorry I'll wait until you two are done talking."

Frypan shook his head, looking between me and Newt like he sensed something I didn't. "Don't worry about it, I have to start making dinner anyways," and then he turned and left, which left just you and Newt. He wasn't smiling at you the way he normally did whenever you entered a room, and you felt a small weight on your chest. His eyes had become trained on the floor, reluctant to meet yours.

You furrowed your brow."Is everything okay?" you couldn't help feeling like you'd done something to make him mad. But what, you didn't know.

"Yeah, everything is bloody fine." His voice sounded strained unconvincing.

"Well, obviously it's not."

He said nothing, just glared at the floor.

"Come on Newt, will you just talk to me?"

His eyes came up to meet yours, and they softened ever so slightly at the sight of you. Finally, he let out a sigh. "I've barely seen you lately. You had plenty of time this morning to talk with Gally, but no time to talk with me."

"Gally is the Keeper of the Builders, it's his job to assist me. But you... you would have been a distraction." Was he jealous of Gally? The thought seemed ridiculous to you, but the look on his face confirmed your suspicion.

Newt let out a dry laugh. "It was obvious he was flirting with you. Are you seriously saying you couldn't tell?"

"Gally's always like that," Newt raised his eyebrows. "besides it's not my job to regulate what other people do around me. I'm the only girl here, of course some other people might be interested in me. But I'm not dating those people. I'm dating you."

"But-"

"Are you saying I shouldn't have been working? I thought you were the one trying to keep order around here. Would you rather me not work at all? Hide away from all the boys> Isolate myself so nobody else can every get a glimpse of me? Is that really what you want."

Newt was fumbling with his words. You'd never seen him this flustered or upset. He was normally laid back and easy going. This felt strange to you. But you weren't going down without a fight. "No! No... Of course I don't want you to stop working. I just... that's not what I'm saying."

"Then what are you saying?"

Newt ran his fingers through his hair, his gaze trained somewhere off to the side. "Don't you get it? You could date anyone here. All these boys would fall at your feet in a second. So what's stopping you from leaving me, huh? What's stopping you from losing interest?"

You took a step forwards, and put your hands on either side of Newt's face, running your thumbs along his cheekbones. "Don't you get it? . I could date anyone here in the Glade, yes, but that has nothing to do with me, and more to do with my gender. I could date anyone here, yet I've chosen you," his warm eyes turned towards yours "and I will keep choosing you everyday, because I love you."

His arms came up and snaked around your waist, and you pressed your lips to his. His body melted under yours as your fingers knotted through his hair. Each second the kiss deepened, a reassurance, an understanding. He held you like he never wanted to let you go. He held you like you were the only thing that mattered. After a bit he pulled away and whispered lightly in your ear "I love you too."

You smiled. You leaned in and whispered in his ear. "The honest reason that I sent you away this morning was because whenever I look at you... I lose all trace of thought. I knew if you were there that it'd be impossible to focus on anything but you."

"Well that's nice to hear. Sorry for getting worked up about it."

You pressed a kiss to his cheek tenderly. "Don't be sorry, I should have been paying more attention."

After a moment he asked. "So... it's probably dinnertime. Do you want to go eat?" you indeed were getting hungry, but that hunger was the last thing on your list of priorities at the moment. 

You mocked a look of thoughtfulness before saying, "not really." He chuckled, his fingers brushing hair aside from your eyes, sending a rush of warmth down your spine, soaking into your core. 

"What are we going to do instead?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"I can think of something." You leaned in to kiss him again, and this time you two didn't pull apart for a very very long time...

A/N: Hi guys! Happy thanksgivings from Canada! Amongst many things in my life, I am thankful for you guys <3 and just the whole TMR fandom in general, because its the craziest and coolest place ever. I'm going to update Pity Party as soon as I can, I'm just procrastinating big time (I know that's annoying, but its the honest truth) Because it's all in a notebook at the bottom of my room, and its all badly written and in first person. So fixing it will take a tedious amount of time. On another note: my friend newtstrackhoe is a totally amazing writer, and right now she is running out of requests for her Newt Imagines book, so you should go to her page and request some imagines! You will not be disappointed with the results.