stars // 22

A/N: Hello.. is it me you're looking for? Lol sorry, ignore my reference and enjoy the chapter (or don't. I don't run your life)

The fire remained unpredictable, spitting sparks across the grass, but the boys paid no notice. They hooted with laughter, a sound so out of place when we were trapped inside thick stone walls. You understood even if the darkest of moments, people needed some kind of happiness to ground them. But as you sat, your mind trying to grasp onto bits of your past life, you felt almost nothing at all.

You sat on a bench, head craned up to the sky. Your neck was starting to ache, but you paid no attention. Your arms were wrapped protectively around your body, trying to shrink. There was nothing for you to say, nothing for you to do. So you sat, and stared up at the vast sky.

"Beautiful isn't it?" You heard a voice and turned to see a blonde haired boy looking at you. You recognized him from before. He was the boy with the kind face who helped you out of the box.

"There's no constellations. If they were real they'd form millions of constellations, but they form none" You said it plainly, feeling empty. Even the sky was a trap. "they just give the illusion of a night sky, but in reality it's something separate altogether" there was a silence.

Then, surprisingly, a low chuckle. You turned to look at the boy.

"Did you remember your name yet?" it was an odd question, but it made sense to you, since you'd been walking around without a single thing filling your head for a day now.

"Yes."

"Well, what is it?"

"Y/N."

He seemed to mull this over for a moment, as if that string of letters was entirely new to him. In a sense, you guess it was. "Alright Y/N, how do you know so much about the stars?" you smiled sadly, tilting your head down so that his eyes were level with yours.

"I don't know. I don't understand. There's just these remnants of my old self still stuck inside my head. Whoever brainwashed us did a pretty shit job. Maybe it would be better if I was dead, because then I wouldn't be left sitting, just wondering..." You shook your head. "Sorry, I'm being silly." 

You knew that you weren't.

The silence between you and and the boy grew wider, and you couldn't riddle out if it was a thoughtful silence, or a less appealing silence. Per se, a judgemental one. Whichever, you had grown accustomed to silence. You wish you hadn't.

Finally, his warm voice filled the air "I get that. I don't really think I brought anything with me from my old life. Sometimes I don't even think I'm anybody, if that makes sense" he paused, and then laughed dryly. "Actually, of course it doesn't make sense. None of this does."

You nodded, a sense of understanding flooding through you. You had thought you were the only one who felt this way. It seemed that everybody else seemed perfectly pleased, hiding away in ignorance, but you just couldn't manage it. 

"I looked to the stars, hoping they'd ground me to something. But I just feel even more lost." Your voice was growing thick, and you knew that if you kept talking it would crack in half and spill all your emotions at his feet. So you stopped yourself from elaborating. He knew what you meant, anyways.

He leaned in towards you, so all you could see was him. And quietly, he said "if you need something to ground you, I could do my best to be that thing. You know, I could use someone to talk to around this place. Someone who I can actually have a real conversation with."

You smiled at him, your heart flushing with appreciation. All you could spare was a nod, because anything else would probably only assist you in the act of bursting into tears.

"Alright, it's settled then. We can be each other's anchors."

A/N: Helllloooo my lovelies! Since we last spoke I put on 8 big circus shows, and on the last the day (which was my birthday) I severely sprained my ankle (on stage in front of 600 people) and I'm just getting back to walking. Yay! Fun birthday.

But how are you guys? I know I ask this every chapter, but it's just because each one is so far apart from the last (hehehe sorry) so seriously.... How's it going? I know this is a kinda short half assed chapter, but I was picking up an old story that I had stopped writing a while ago.

If any of you have some concepts for imagines please let me know! I'm extremely busy, but hopefully if I get inspired it won't matter. You catch my drift? Cool.

Thanks homies!