the only girl // 15

Trigger warning: sexual violence. 

You awoke to the sound of footsteps. A hand wrapped around your mouth, and before you could react you were being dragged away. The arms around your body were strong, and as hard as you fought you couldn't break free. It felt like you were stuck in a nightmare, but your head had cleared enough to inform you that you were awake.

It was too dark to see, everyone had gone to bed. You tried desperately to scream, but there was cloth in your mouth. You were being dragged towards the dense area of trees, a place so infinitely dark and secluded. You were all too sure what would come next.

He threw you to the ground, a look of blind desire on his face. You wormed backwards, trying to get away from him, but he only laughed. Your wrists had been bound and your mouth gagged, but you still screamed with everything in you as he ascended. Your voice was too muffled, and your throat became raw.

He started pulling off your shirt, nestling his head on the crook of your exposed neck. His whole face was concealed in darkness, but you were sure you'd seen him around, watching you. His hands were cold as they ran up and down your back, playing with your bra straps. Tears stained your skin uselessly, as you struggled to breath.

Your dirt covered hands came up, in a last attempt to pull him off. The gag loosened from your mouth, and you took your chance, using all the energy you had and screamed. Your voice rang out, shrill and deafening among the silence that cloaked the Glade.

"You stupid bitch," he grabbed you and bashed your head into a tree, and you felt warm blood trickle down your temple. Your body lay limp on the ground but he flipped you back over, and started removing your pants. You were begging him to stop, but he paid no attention, his eyes full of lust.

You heard yelling and soon someone was pulling him off. You gasped desperately, trying to get air into your lungs.

You couldn't breath.

You were aware that someone had attacked the boy, wrestling him to the ground, but you were more worried about your body being bare and displayed for everyone to see. You crawled towards one of the trees, and clung to it, trying to hide the shaking in your arms.

There were only a few boys, you heard them speaking but your ears were ringing. One of them-a boy named Newt-knelt down beside you. "Y/N, are you okay?" you didn't answer.

He turned and looked at one of the boys "Go get a blanket and some spare clothes" the boy nodded curtly and sprinted off in the direction of the Homestead. You were holding your head gingerly, and you wanted nothing more than to disappear. Newt was crouched beside you, a look of immense concern on his face. It had only been a few weeks since you'd come up in the Box, and you still knew hardly anyone.

"What happened?" he asked it quietly, in no way pushing you. He voice was soft and comforting. You took a moment.

"I-I was just sleeping a-and" you found it hard to talk through the tears, but you went on. "He...he grabbed me-and I couldn't get away-" you put your hand over your mouth, curling in even smaller, trying to disappear again. You could still feel his hands on your body, only taking what was not his.

Newt nodded, putting his hand on your arm, and you flinched away. You sat in silence until the boy came back with the blankets, clothes, and a bottle of water. Other boys tried coming, but Newt yelled at them all to stay back. Almost everyone had woken up by now, and were curious as to what was happening.

You looked up as the boy walked away, and Newt noticed the blood on your head. "What's that?" he turned your head to the side gently so he could get a better look. You swallowed "He rammed me into a tree." you closed your eyes, and the tears that had been waiting to fall entangled themselves in your eyelashes.

"Shuck. We have to get you back to the Homestead where the Med-Jacks can help you," but you only shook your head. "I-I can't."

His voice was soothing as he whispered "I know what just happened was terrifying, and that you'll need time to get over it. But staying in this forest will make it worse. We need to tend to your wound, you need sleep, and if you want we can talk about what happened."

You nodded slowly and let him wrap the blanket around your shoulders. He looked away so you could pull on the new pair of pants, and ever so carefully you put your shirt on, trying not to bump the gash on your temple.

He helped you walk back to the Homestead. You fell a few times, but he just helped you right back up. You kept your eyes trained on the ground as you crossed the Glade, trying to become unaware of all the eyes trailing behind you.

Jeff cleaned your cut, and put a bandage on it. Shaken and exhausted, you fell into a deep sleep as you heard people talking just beyond your bedroom door. Your mind floated around you, full with fears you didn't know how to extinguish.

~

He was being banished. Newt told you when you woke up. You felt better, more well rested. Last nights events almost felt like a bad dream. But your head was sore, and there were scrapes up and down your body to remind you of what almost happened. The ghost of the boys hands still lingering on your skin. Newt had brought you eggs and bacon, and you ate it graciously, hungry beyond belief.

All day you lay in bed, not wanting to leave, and not wanting to go to sleep. Newt had asked if you wanted him to stay, but you only wanted to be alone.

Finally evening came and you sat solemnly as you heard the commotion outside. You crossed the room to the window, and watched as the boy was shoved into the Maze, his screams ringing out across the Glade. And your hands started shaking. He was going to die now, because of you.

You knew you shouldn't have felt bad, but seeing the pure terror in his eyes didn't bring you the reward it should have. But you did know that in that moment he was feeling how you had felt: pure horror.

You wondered if he was sorry.

~

"Hey, Y/N, how are you doin'?" Except for a few poorly hidden glances, and a few warm half smiles from Newt, you had mostly been left alone. You knew that the boys wanted to give you space, help you mull over what had happened. But a part of you knew they probably had no clue how to deal with a girl, especially in this situation.

Of course Newt was the first one to break the silence. He had been distant but respectful, and you knew he was just trying to give you what you wanted, but you felt isolated anyhow. But you'd felt isolated since the first day you came up, you were in no way a stranger to it. Now not just isolated but scared, you were relieved to see a friendly face.

You shrugged "I've been better," and he nodded, sitting beside you.

"I'm not sure what is best for you right now, but I was just wondering if you needed a friend. Because even though you told us you wanted space to figure things out, I don't want you to feel alone. Because you aren't, you know. We're your family now, whether you know it yet or not."

You were speechless as tears threatened fall down your cheeks again. Before you knew what you were doing you reached out and gave Newt a hug. And after a moment he hugged you back.

"Everything's gonna be alright," he said into your hair "I promise, I won't let anybody hurt you like that again."

A/N: Hey guys! Holy shit, my life has been CRAZY. Like holy jesus cluster fuck. BUT. I have also been lazy and had very severe writer's block and been unable to do any writing. Especially since I have so many requests piling up and no will or want to actually write them. I will get around to writing them at some point, but right now I just don't think I can. I'm not going to start posting frequently again (at least not yet) because I am on vacation right now, so I have very little time to write and access to a computer. You see, the thing about me is that I like coming up with my own imagines, my own stories. I think it's fun and its one of my favourite things in the world. So writing for other people just takes the fun out of this book. Makes it feel like a job. So I'm gonna remove the request sheet soon, and I'm going to start a NEW option. But I'll talk about that more later. Anyways, I hope you are all doing well, if you need to talk just message me <3