newt the performer // 9

A/N: You can pick what song you want Newt to be singing to you, but I put what song I imagined on the side (or I guess it's now up top because of the new website formatting), so give it a listen. It's an absolute gem ;) I suggest if you can read and listen to music (like I can) play whatever song you've picked while you read.

You were knelt in the dirt, planting seeds when Newt came to get you. Nobody was paying attention as Newt dragged you away, a golden smile on his lips.

"Newt, where are we going?" but he only shook his head.

"You'll see."

He guided you through tall trees, deeper and deeper into the Deadheads. The air smelled fresh as you trudged on, curious as to what lay ahead of you. Finally, you were pulled into a small clearing, and you broke out in a smile. There was food--probably stolen from Frypan--and a guitar.

"Where'd you get this?" you asked, kneeling down, and running your fingers along the wooden base of the instrument.

He chuckled "it came up a little while ago," he gestured for you to sit.

You crossed your legs and looked up at him. Slowly, he picked up the guitar and poised it in front of him. Your grin grew wider when you realized he was gonna play it.

"This is the only song I can remember, but I hope it'll do" and with that he started strumming.

Your heart started beating faster and faster in your chest as you gazed at Newt, entranced. His voice was beautiful, so soft and controlled. The words flowed from his mouth with ease, and it brought tears to your eyes. The sound carried out through the trees, but you knew nobody could hear it but you. This song was for you and you alone.

He looked beautiful as he sang for you, his heart bleeding out onto the guitar, running down his fingers and onto the grass, visible to only you.

Once he'd finished there weren't any words you could say to express how you felt. He looked up with expectant brown eyes, and you pushed yourself off the blanket, throwing yourself around him. He hugged you back tightly, his strong arms reassuring you.

"Newt, that was absolutely beautiful" you whispered.

"I'm glad you liked it love"

"Newt?" you pulled away, looking him in the eyes.

"Yes Y/N?" his voice was soft.

"I love you," his lips twisted into a smile.

"I love you too"

He buried his head in the crook of your neck, his deft fingers running circles along your back.

You two stayed that way for a long time.

A/N: okay, I threw that together really quickly. It was purely meant to be light and fluffy, so I'm sorry if everything about it sucked. I wrote it to make up for the last chapter...