-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The smell of the oceans salt and the warm breeze traveling through the car as she opens her window, sticking her hand out, feeling the air tangle in her fingers.

Her sunglasses blocking the UV rays as the wind knots her dark brown locks behind her. She watches the large houses pass by before the car suddenly comes to a stop in front of a house that looks like the many she previously passed.

She turns as her mother lifts her sunglasses on top of her head, "So, home sweet home."

Laura excitedly pushes the car door open and walks up to the large doors that are already unlocked with her mother trailing behind her.

"I'm getting the biggest room!" She yells back to her mother as she runs up the stairs, opening each door in the large hallway to pick which one she wants.

Finally, after hard decision making, she chooses the one with a window facing the back of her house, so she can get a clear view of the ocean.

Laura and her mother spend the next couple hours bringing and unpacking the boxes into their new home. However, they are interrupted by a loud knock on the door. Excited of who it could be, both girls walk up to the door while her mother, Malory opens it.

Standing there, two large men and a shorter girl about Laura's height. "You must be the Stowells," the man with the beard speaks with a large smile as he puts his hand out for a greeting.

"Hello, yes that's us! Im guessing you must be the Cameron's?" Her mother spoke as she shook the mans hand.

As the two adults talk, Laura finds herself examining the two teenagers in front of her. The girl, she had dirty blonde hair, plump lips and big brown eyes with a smile stretching across her face.

The boy, however, was very tall, his body language spoke that he was nervous, or maybe anxious. His hair was slicked back with one small strand falling on his forehead. He stood tall while his gaze met the brunettes.

"I'm so sorry, this is my daughter Laura," her mother spoke as she slightly pushed the girls shoulders forward. Laura shook hands with the man reviving a welcoming smile as well.

"This is Sarah, she's your age," the man pointed to the dirty blonde girl and turning his attention over to the boy, "And this is Rafe, he's 18."

Before the brunette had time to speak, Sarah had squished her into a tight hug, "It's so nice to meet you!" Laura wrapped her hands around the girls back. "We are gonna be best friends," she whispered into Laura's ear before pulling away. She nodded in agreement before Sarah introduced herself to the mother.

Laura could feel a gaze still on her after Sarah's hug, as she looked up the boy met her eye as he quickly looked back to the ground. "Rafe, introduce yourself don't be selfish."

The boy looked back up, "I- I'm sorry, I'm Rafe, it's nice to meet you guys," he stuttered as he awkwardly shook both girls hands.

"Well, we better get going. Looks like you have some unpacking to do," Ward Cameron spoke pointing to the boxes scattered around the house.

As the bearded man and Malory said their goodbyes, Sarah had given Laura a small folded piece of paper out of her back pocket. She smiled and waved goodbye along with the rest of her family walking away from the doorstep.

Just as Laura was walking up the curved staircase to her room, "At least you have a friend!" her mother yelled up with a smile as she revived a nod from the girl already at the top of the steps.

Once Laura had made it into her room, she shut the door and stared at all the boxes piled on her floor, dreading unpacking. She sat down on her bed unfolding the small piece of paper she had received.

The note had a phone number on it. Expecting it to be Sarah, she texted the number and told her that it was her. She clicked off her phone and put it on her bed.

Hours and hours later, she had completely unpacked her room. She had it all organized and how she wanted it. Realizing it was almost dark outside, she closed her curtains and turned on her LED lights. She sunk into her bed groaning of exhaustion from the day. She clicked her phone on to see a text message from an hour ago.

Hi! I cant wait to get to know you! We have to hang out sometime soon! Let me know when!
- Sarah Cameron

The brunette smiled to herself as she read the text. Earlier in the day she was dreading having to talk to people on her own to make friends, but she luckily had already made one.

For dinner she had scraped up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They hadn't been to the grocery store so she had to use what she had. Malory was in the other room setting up the knickknacks on the furniture in the living room. "Hey, Laur," she yelled into the other room.

"Yeah, mom?"

"Tomorrow we are going over the Cameron's, the people we met earlier. He's a business partner, so he was gonna help me out a bit." She explained while walking into the kitchen, "That Sarah girl seemed nice, huh?"

Swallowing the food in her mouth, "Yeah, and okay that's fine."

"Good honey, I'm glad you at least know someone, you know," she revived a sarcastic eye roll from her daughter before making her way upstairs to unpack her room.

After Laura finished her sandwich, she cleaned up and went to her bathroom. She showered and freshened up into her pajamas. She picked out her outfit for tomorrow and set it on the chair of her desk.

Her TV flickered on while she set it up to her Netflix account, putting on The Vampire Diaries. She situated herself into her bed, making the perfect amount of smush in her pillows to watch the show and not much later, fall asleep.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-