eight

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Beer and cologne swept through her nose as she woke up in JJs arms. She maneuvered her way out of his grip slowly so he didn't wake up. He was a heavy sleeper, which helped. Her bare feet with white painted toes met the cold hardwood floors walking to the bathroom next door. Everyone seemed to be asleep, it was so quiet. In the mirror stood her tensed figure, with one of JJs shirts on reaching her mid thigh. Her hair was tangled in every-which-way with dry blood covering her scalp. Her mascara was smeared all over her under-eyes and her lips were red and plump. "Fuck me."

She walked back into JJs room and stuffed all of her belongings into one of his book bags. She figured she'd obviously see him again, unfortunately, so she'd just give it back then. She stole one of Kiera's shorts and left the chateau within seconds. "Great, I didnt bring my car, right." she mumbled to herself.

Her only solution was to walk to Figure 8, it was long and she dreaded one of her friends finding her like this after last night, but she put in earbuds and blasted music hoping to ignore any people she passed.

She tried calling Sarah, trying to collect any memory of last night, but it went straight to voicemail. It was probably dead. Reaching Figure 8, she spotted the country club, and no cars seemed familiar, a good sign. She continued walking to her house, finally in her neighborhood. The hot sun was making her skin burn bright red. Her house was 2 away and she was sore and groggy from the sun and long walk early in the morning, it couldn't get worse.

Until, Rafe Cameron stood at the doorstep of the Stowell residence.

"No way in hell." she groaned to herself at the tall figure in a few feet away from her.

She chose to ignore the boy and unlock her door, walking right past him. He was chocking out questions she couldn't even understand from the heat she had just walked miles in. "What the fuck was that last night? Do you know how mad Ward is? He's mad at me, for you fucking running out!"

"Can you just shut up for a minute?" She snapped. Her head was aching as she put a washcloth under the warm sink water and putting it on her head, trying to get the dry blood off from last night. "Do you think I forgot what happened, Rafe?"

He stood there with a blank stare in his eyes, collecting the picture in his head he tried to push in the back of him pushing Laura down with his full strength. "I shouldn't even be talking to you. Why are you here?"

He stood still, examining the girl who was wearing an oversized t-shirt he knew wasn't hers. She smelt like the Cut, their cheap beer and weed. "What exactly did you do last night?" He gritted through his teeth.

"Doesn't concern you."'

"It does, Laura. Everyone is putting this on me for what you've done," he stepped closer to the girl with a tense figure.

"Oh, really?" she put her hands up to his chest and pushed him back slightly, but he didn't lose his stance. "It's not because of you, right? This isn't your fault, right ?" Her hands gestured to her head, the deep gash, probably needing stitches, was bright red as she bandaged it.

"No. That's not what i'm saying alrig-"

"No!" She stepped closer to the boy, his cologne getting stronger each step, "This is your fault, fix it yourself."

"Laur, i'm sorry."

She walked up her stairs with him on her heels. "I don't care Rafe."

He pulled her arm to stop her before she went in her room, "I promise you, I will never hurt you ever again."

She scoffed and pulled her wrist out of his slender fingers opening her door to her room. She stomped around and gathered comfy clothes from her drawers and walked into the bathroom turing the shower water on full heat. "Leave Rafe."

"How many times," he paused, "have you fucked him?"

"What?"

He stood up, towering over her, "How many times did you fuck the pouge Laura." he spat.

"Get away from me." she pushed his chest away but he didn't move. She tried to walk back into the bathroom but he grabbed her waist turning her back around. She tried to fight her way out of his tight grip but she failed, her eyes fell everywhere but him. The tension was thick, she never wanted him to find out, for his own sake, not hers. She knew he would never purposely hurt her, but he didn't care about others. "Did you fuck him last night?"

She ignored him, her eyes glued to the ground. "Look at me!" he gritted while his grip tightened. She jumped and dove her eyes into his widened eyes. "Did you fuck him last night Laur?"

"Yes."

He let go and pushed himself back scoffing. "I don't know why it matters Rafe."

He paced the room while he slicked his hair back with his hand. "You don't understand."

"Understand what? There's nothing to understand." she scoffed and walked into the bathroom with the shower water still running and locked the door behind her. She undressed and put herself in the shower, the water burning her skin as it ran down her body. She sat down and put her head in her hands, silent tears running down her cheeks.

Rafe had stayed in her room, awaiting the moment she walked out. His head raced with thoughts no one would ever imagine. He wanted the dirty pouge dead, in fact, every guy on the island dead who even looked her way. He knew he couldn't do anything about it because they weren't dating, she was right, they've never put a label on it. But he didn't deserve her after what he did last night, he doesn't even know himself why he stayed, but he would never forgive himself for that.

The moment she walked out, small drops of water stuck on her skin, her small body wrapped in a towel and her hair slicked back and wet. She looked perfect. "What are you still doing here? Leave."

"Laura I know what I did is unforgivable, and I don't expect you to forgive me anytime soon, but please know I am so sorry."

"Okay, now leave please."

"No."

"Why?"

"Ward kicked me out."

"So you think i'm gonna let you stay in my house after you almost fucking killed me? Goodbye." her eyes widened in amusement at the boy.

"Please?"

She rolled her eyes at the boy and told him to sleep in the guest room, which he refused. Her bright mind lit up with an idea.

She soon turned around and dropped her towel with the boy still in her room. She put on her black seamless thong and her shorts that showed her butt at the bottom. She threw on one of her oversized band t-shirts and turned around to put lotion on. The boy watched with wide eyes kept on her lower half. She walked over to the boy and her thumb met the bottom lip of the boy, "You got some drool there."

She happily walked downstairs amused with herself making her way to the kitchen to get some water. She was still furious with the boy, but she knew she wouldn't be mad long. She didn't hold grudges, but she never forgets.