-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The sunlight creeping through the windows had woken a certain brunette awake. Opening her eyes, she rubbed them again to make sure she wasn't dreaming. The scent of cologne lingered on her clothes from last night. What the fuck did she do.

Turning over to the boy in bed with her, he still had his pants on, which was a good sign. She clumsily walked over to his bathroom and closing the door to block the sunlight stabbing at her eyes. She groaned from the pounding in her head sloppily looking through his bathroom cabinet for advil, only to find a small bag with white small grains zipped inside. Her face froze for a second before she heard knocking at the bathroom door. Quickly, she put away the bag and grabbed the small bottle of pills before closing the cabinet, still in shock.

She soon unlocked the door to Rafe Cameron standing with his hand over the doorway with no shirt on. His hair was messy, and his sleepy voice was heavy while he looked down at the bottle in her hand, "Are you gonna take one?"

"Yeah I- um, was looking for water, so," She stuttered before filling a small glass with faucet water before walking out. After she swallowed the pills, the shower water then turned on. She was hesitant of what to do, so she went into Sarah's room over to her closet looking for clothes to throw on before heading home. She fixed herself in black spandex and an oversized t-shirt. Realizing she forgot her phone in Rafes room.

She quietly crept in, not wanting him to notice so she could slip out easily. As soon as she turned the nob, she went over to his bed and scrummaged through the sheets for her phone. Finding it, she turned around to Rafe opening the bathroom door with just a towel wrapped low on his waist, "Uh, sorry, i was just leaving."

"Wait," he insisted as he grabbed her wrist to stop her. "You really know how to get fucked up," he snorted as he continued walking over to his closet for clothes.

She returned an awkward laugh, parting her lips to speak before she was interrupted by his voice again, "And, how were you gonna get home again?"

She smacked her hand against her forehead realizing she didn't have her car, "I'll walk, it's not that far."

"Just let me take you, since it's not that far."

She smiled and finally gave in. After a couple minutes of silence driving back to her house, he cleared his throat to speak, "So, um, where'd you move from to here!"

"Jersey."

"I'm assuming you know how to surf? Or not, I just know there's lots of beaches up there," he turned into her long driveway.

"I actually don't, but i'd love to learn someday," she said while unlocking her door to exit the car.

He hesitated before rolling down the window to call her name. She stopped to turn around, "I- I can teach you," he paused, "If you want."

"It's a date," she turned on her heel making her way back with a smile stretched across her face as she punched in the code for her garage.

Once the garage had closed Rafe started his way back home, day dreaming about the day he will teach her to surf.

Proudly smirking to herself on the way home, she parked her car in the garage making her way into the Stowell property. A familiar voice greeted her as she entered, taking her shoes off.

"And who's the best mom ever?," a voice came from the kitchen with the smell of fast food flowing through her nose.

"Hi, mom! When'd you get back," the teenager greeted her with a hug and went over to get her food from the bag.

"Almost an hour ago, but i'm actually heading out again, wanted to see my daughter," she smiled.

Laura nodded and continued to eat her food, but deep down she knew this wasn't going to happen for awhile. She wasn't phased that her mom hadn't told her she was coming back, so she just wanted to soak it in before she left again.

The mother and daughter continued to catch up until she had to pack for her leave again, so Laura decided to keep herself busy writing in her notebook.

Laura's notebook wasn't just any diary, it had printed pictures, to journal entries, to random thoughts. This had her life inside it. She used to be into journaling and scrapbooking but she fell out of it not to long ago. The one thing she won't admit is she loved reading, if she had a really good book, she would finish it in a matter of days.

A phone ring interrupted her train of thought. She went to check it and it was from her mom.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, I promise I won't be to long, i love you."

This was a normal occurrence, she wasn't phased, she just texted her back that she loves her. Not caring was sometimes overwhelming, it's not that she didn't care, it's just so normal to her. Laura does get upset that her mom doenst say goodbye or checks up on her while she's gone, but she knows she loves her, and that's all that mattered. Right?