fifteen

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The hot rays of the sun soaked into her tanned skin as she walked up to the Cameron residence.

She knocked on the large white doors, "Is Rafe here? He left his ring at my house and I thought I would give it back," this was her excuse if Ward or Rose ever answered, since the talk she'd had with Ward, she knew she wouldn't be able to come over and hangout with him whenever she pleases.

"He's on The Druthers doing some work, be quick," he paused, "Please."

She walked in and brushed passed him, slyly throwing up the middle finger behind his back. She never really liked Ward, but there was no reason she could be mean to him in front of his face, technically he never did anything mean enough to her. But she did know what happened behind the scenes with Rafe, which also built up anger towards him.

She walked through their back door, but Rose caught her first. "Laura! How nice to see you honey," she walked over and gave the girl a hug."

"Hey Rose, how are you?" She tried to make conversation quick, knowing her time limit is ticking down on Wards watch.

"Well, i'm still breathing, so, how bout' you?"

"I've been good. I was actually dropping something off to Rafe he forgot, if you mind."

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting, go ahead."

"Bye Rose!" Laura friendly shouted as she went outside. Rose was always nice to her, almost like a mom figure since hers was never there. She always took care of Laura when she hung out with Sarah and made her feel at home.

Walking down the dock, hearing grunts from My Druthers as she gets closer, "Rafe?" she called.

"In here," he said, but followed with a loud crash inside the boat. She hurried over to see him on the floor with a frame shattered on the ground. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"Um," she hesitated, she knew she couldn't tell him about the 'pouge treasure hunt' and that she was literally about to steal his keys from him. "Just wanted to see you," she smiled. He walked over and kissed her quickly before returning to his mess.

"Need a little help?"

"Yes, please," he held his hand out for her to sit with him. Laura had no idea how she was going to get his keys, she didn't even know where they were. Until the reflection bounced off his pocket, the key.

She thought to herself, 'How the fuck am I supposed to get that?'

Her bright mind finally got an idea, it was definitely gonna work. She grabbed his hand and sat next to him, criss-cross-applesauce and carefully picked up the shattered glass around the frame.

All the pieces were soon filled inside a large bucket, soon to be dumped in the trash. Finally, he was free of whatever he was sent here to do, and her plan was in action. She turned her body and straddled her legs around his waist, on top of his lap. "Hi," she smiled.

"Hi?"

She leaned in for a kiss, once it intensified, she kissed down his jawline and lower to his neck. He was clearly distracted enough she could slip the key out of his pocket into her hands. Once she got the key in her grip, she removed her lips from his neck and made strong eye contact with him. "You're such a tease," he smirked.

"I know," she smiled proudly and got off his waist, "Better get back to work!" She chipped and walked away.

"Wait," he pulled into her, hugging her from behind. He ran kissed along her back shoulder, and whispered into her ear, "See you tonight?"

"Bye Rafe." She walked away, he watched until he couldn't make out her figure anymore.

She walked around the house, avoiding the bearded man inside. She hopped into her jeep and turned the key to start the engine and pulled out, driving away.

"Did you get it?"

She held up the key to the teenagers hidden in her backseat.

"Fuck yeah!"

"Gold, here we come baby!"

They continued cheering her on while she felt proud of herself, but not for lying to the boy.