seventeen

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"Happy Birthday!"

The glitched sounds of her mother's voice coming through her almost dead phone. "Thanks, mom."

"Of course baby. I wish I could be there to celebrate!"

Laura internally rolled her eyes, her mom had been there for her birthday maybe twice that she could remember. "It's okay mom, I love you."

"I love you too, bye."

She hung up. She sighed and walked downstairs. In her kitchen she had almost no food, she grabbed a banana and cut it into small pieces. She got a jar of peanut butter and smeared it on the pieces and sprinkled them with powdered sugar. In the top cabinet was a small pack of candles, she lit one and stuck it in her banana. "Happy Birthday," she mumbled to herself.

She blew out the candle and brung her plate back into her room to watch gilmore girls, again.

Almost an hour went by until the doorbell rang. She moped down the stairs still in her pajamas and opened the door.

"Happy Birthday!"

"JJ, what are you doing here," she walked inside and he followed.

"It's your birthday, let's go to a party."

She looked at the ground, shaking her head, "I'm not really in the mood JJ."

"Cmon, i'll go with you, and kies going too," he smiled innocently, "Please?"

She thought for a minute, and decided to give in. "Fine." She knew this was going to end in disaster, it always does.

"I'll pick you up at 8?"

She nodded and shut the door behind the boy. Her stomach had a twisted feeling that she put off.
-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

long time no see🫶🏼